Chapter 21

The four of us made our way to the lonely bar on the edge of the city, and to my surprise, it was very lively. Music blasting, drunk people on the dance floor, and just a bunch of chaos overall.

"This will be a fun night," grinned Alex.

"And a long one," added Farah.

I wasn't really feeling myself, so I just went over to the bar table where a hot bartender came to take my order.

"Can I help you, love?" the bartender asked in a very flirtatious tone.

"One dirty martini, please."

"Coming right up, gorgeous." He winked.

Suddenly, a hand slid around my waist.

"Add a fire whiskey too. Put the drinks on my tab, ey?"

I turned my head to see Phillip.

The bartender was probably pissed off, but I couldn't care less. It amused me seeing Phillip jealous.

"Coming right up."

Phillip turned to me. "Doll, you know I don't like when other men look at you how they aren't supposed to."

"You don't own me, Phil. Plus, I think I get to choose what's right for me or not." I teased.

"Don't test me, Y/N."

"We'll see about that." I gave him a smirk.

The bartender handed us our drinks.

I sipped on my martini and looked away.

"Why aren't you up on the dance floor with Alex and Farah?"

I didn't look at him. "Personally, I really want to get drunk."

Phillip laughed. "Shall we?"

I looked at him and let out a small chuckle, then sighed.

"Y/N, I know it's hard, but you're a soldier. You have to suck it up."

"I am trying!" I raised my voice.

"Try harder, soldier."

"Can you not, Graves? Quit being a dick. Not everything is easy."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, doll." He paused. "Are you leaving for the Christmas break?"

That question made me think. I didn't want to go back to my hometown, and my family was on vacation without me. Ugh. "No, I haven't thought about that yet."

"If you're not planning anything, I want you to come with me to New York," he suggested.

Wow, that was sudden.

"Aren't you from Texas?" I asked.

"I moved."

"Makes sense."

"So...?"

I paused. Fuck it.

"Sure, I'll come with you."

"Good to hear." He winked.

A/N- Hey yall! thank you sm for 2k reads i am honored and thank you for the support! This book will be getting more chapters duh and hopefully it will be done by this year!

Love yall!

-F