Chapter 18. Working girl

AN: Sorry for not updating! I felt extreme burnout, I'm also a digital artist and have been doing lots of commissions. Expect more content coming, and I hope you all like this pretty large chapter as an apology! Enjoy.  

--

Getting inside the villa was surprisingly a lot easier than I had originally thought it was going to be. After the briefing concluded, a van was parked right outside of the building where Alejandro's office was located. The van had a large yet subtle logo on the side of it. It was clear that this van was used as a carpool shuttle for employees.

I'm assuming Alejandro somehow managed to swap drivers with one of his own men, or the guy driving was already working undercover for him. Either way, I wasn't going to ask.

I was the first person to be picked up it seemed, so naturally I chose to sit in the very back row. For the next 40 minutes or so the driver drove around the streets, picking up other ladies, all dressed in the same uniform as me. I don't look out of place at all. Knowing this does help ease my stress a bit.

Some ladies give me welcoming smiles, others seem tired and barely even notice me. Not that I can blame them, it is really early and some just come to work and that's it. Sort of reminds me of how Ghost was to me when we first met, he didn't even acknowledge my existence. However, he was more rude and ignored me. These ladies just didn't even notice me. 

The van finally gets filled up, and the driver starts making its way out of the city limits. We find ourselves driving through more rural roads. We pass by occasional properties, all of them being quite large and spaced out by great distances from each other. 

After a while of driving, we finally arrive. The driver slows down as we approach the front of the villa. He turns into the driveway, the car slowly creeping up to the Villas entrance.

The entrance was a large gate, made from a beautiful combination of shiny black metal bars complimented by rich dark walnut tree wood. It was guarded by well built men all dressed fully in black uniforms. There were three of them, all staring at the van. Each of them were equipped with assault rifles as well as masks. Similar to Ghosts balaclava, but these had no skull designs on them.

The van comes to a stop right in front of the gate and one of the three men walks up to the drivers side. The driver rolls down his window all the way. The guard bends over slightly to look inside through the window, slowly analyzing each of us girls in the back.

I shift slightly in my seat, straightening my back. The guard finally looks my way, and I let a shy smile creep onto my face. He stares at me for a moment longer before standing back up straight again, tapping the side of the van with the tip of his gun and takes a step back away from the vehicle. One of the guards still at the gate yells out for the ones inside to open it.

The doors of the gate slowly start to open, revealing a large and extensive driveway area, followed by the huge, well protected Villa. It was about three floors tall. I look out my window analyzing as much information as I could. The van continues to drive down the driveway, turning a corner that leads to the side of the building, I'm assuming workers aren't allowed to use the front entrance. That would make sense. 

The van finally comes to a halt when we reach this metal framed door hidden away at the side of the building.

All of us pile out of the van one by one, and stagger around for a moment. I look around at the large hills surrounding the villa, knowing that somewhere amongst the dirt, plants, and rocks, Ghost lies hidden away, completely out of sight.

I get slightly startled when I hear Ghosts voice go off in my ear through the earpiece.

"Stop looking around, you'll never find me anyway." Ghost orders in his usual authoritative voice.