9- Of Reyansh's Hallucinations and Inflamed Aradhana

Am I the only one who gets the longest study leave for the easiest subject (5 huge days for English)? 🫣🫣

This is a very special chapter for me because it holds the reason why I decided to write this fanfiction. I hope you'll try to relate.

Moreover, this has taken a lot of effort, so can I request my dear readers to shower it with so many inline and offline comments. Would love to read your thoughts.. the same way you like reading mine (In the form of 'I HATE YOU').

Also do correct me if I've gone wrong somewhere, or you didn't like any part!!

I AM DEAD SURE THIS PART WITH HIT SOME CHORDS OF YOURS. Waiting to read/know those chords too.

Happy Reading!!! 🤍🤍

--

"Reyansh," Aradhana hushed out of fear. Looking deep into his eyes, she was trying to find at least a single pore where she could find comfort. She couldn't! Not even a single place in his deep ocean eyes was calm enough to make her feel safe.

Mr. Lamba, on the other hand, was suffering from an intense hangover. He thought that he was hallucinating Aradhana.

He moved closer to her and snaked his hands behind her. Bent nearer to her face, matching heights. Aradhana's already thudding heart started palpitating hysterically out of fear. Was he again trying to attempt the same sin?

Instead, Reyansh clutched the headrest of her office chair and drove it behind him through its wheels. Sat on it in front of the apparent Aradhana, according to him.

Crossing his legs one over the other, he was sitting in his water-soaked body-stocking pitch black clothes, water droplets dripping from his hair, and a bottle of liquor in his hands. He looked like a devil to Aradhana in the dimly lit office. Everything looked monstrous to Aradhana.

She wanted to run from there. As fast as possible. As soon as possible. But her feet were frozen. She wasn't able to let out even a cry. She wanted to scream but couldn't. She wanted to yell at him but couldn't. Seemed like her body had its own mind, that too not working. She stood there like a statue.

In his drunk state, Reyansh looked into her eyes. Making eye contact with her, he chuckled and took a sip of alcohol. And said, "You're happy? Seeing me broken!"

He was rocking the chair to-and-fro slowly and said, in a friendly tone, "You know what, all girls are the same. You're no different. How will you even be, after all, you are a girl too."

"Remember that day when you were questioning Kadambari Devi? You took a stand for me. Mistakenly, I fell for you. Then and there." He again chuckled and continued, "I forgot that you are a woman, just like Kadambari Devi."

He saw the apparent Aradhana crying. She had tears in her eyes.

"No No No!! You don't need to waste your tears. You are not alone." He muttered, waving his fingers in denial and said, "You are not alone in back-stabbing. I've witnessed someone who has a diploma in it."

He stood up and again moved closer to the apparent Aradhana and murmured, "You know that Kadambari Devi? The lady in front of whom you stood for me? My mother. You know her right?"

"She's the one. I've been tolerating her for decades." Standing straight in front of her, he continued, "I wouldn't have cared but you know, this," he pointed to his heart, hitting his chest hard, and continued, "You both of you are playing with this".

"You directly stabbed it. And she always does it indirectly by hurting Dad. I love him. He's my life and she hurts him." He took a sip from the liquor bottle and continued, "When you yelled at my Mom, I thought you were different but no. I was wrong. It was a chance discovery. Isn't it?"