Chapter 1: Now Hiring

I trailed the GiGi's to the club, every once in a while thinking of a way to turn around. (Sucks for me this is a one way street). We pull up at this building with nothing but windows that looked like mirrors. The sign was purple neon and read "Black Diamonds Hip Hop Strip Club". Giolani knocked on my window literally scaring the shit out of me. "Girl get your scary ass out the car boss man don't have all day!", she semi yelled. I hesitantly got out of my car and locked it. I walked in and it hit me: the smell of PURE SWEAT AND ASS. I couldn't help but cringe my face. The Gigi's started laughing at me. They all said "You'll get used to it" while laughing amongst themselves.

We walked to the back of the club, past the locker room, past the costume closet until we reached this solid steel door. The Gigi's surrounded me before I entered, all three patting me on the back. I opened the heavy door and was stunned at who I saw. It was my ex boyfriend, Mike. We dated while I was at Jim Hill.

Flashback

"Don't worry Kai I'm not gonna hurt you, just give me what I want and we can get it over with."

Mike had me in a deathly grip. All he wanted was the phone number to my cousin. They had bad blood because of rival gangs and my cousin had Mike shot at after leaving the homecoming game.

Because I was afraid, I gave it to him. He let me go and ran out of the house. I broke down crying and later ran out of the front door. The next morning, my family gets a call saying that my cousin was dead.

End of flashback.

"Well well well if it isn't Kai. Come sit on daddy's lap. I know you missed me.", he said with a deadly grin on his face. I turned to open the door and it was locked. I started to panic. "Let me go!", I said with all the pride in my body. "Look, boss man don't have all day! So do you want to dance or not?"

Kailey drifted off in deep thought. She needed the money, but she didn't want to be associated with Mike anymore. She valued her education, but she also valued her integrity. "Fine, when can I start?" Kailey choked up.

"Good girl, how about you just sit in for the next week and then start your shift during May Madness Monday's." Mike said. Kailey turned to walk out but Mike stopped her. "I didn't kill your cousin you know?" He whispered. Kailey snatched her hand away and said "I know. I killed him for you." She turned and walked out leaving Mike's facial expression priceless to watch.