Chapter 14: Move-In Day Pt. 2

Dennis POV

I was posing as one of the move-in dudes that was moving Kailey's stuff to Don's house. My job was to put cameras in EVERY part of Kailey's room. A part of me feels bad, because of our background that she doesn't know about. And it's all because of the boss mane. He knew who my real parents were, he told me. They gave me up for adoption and I never got the chance to bond with my siblings. I grew up in a shitty ass foster home until I started working at Red Lobster. I made enough where I could get me an apartment at the Gables in Ridgeland. But the payout from the job would have me set where I didn't even have to work.

It was 2 in the afternoon and all of the other workers were taking a break. This is when I could make my move. I walked up the steps and did what I was told. I put tiny cameras in places that were guaranteed to get a good view of the private life of Kailey. I pulled out my phone and shot boss mane a text.

Me: All good boss mane.

Boss Mane: I have good views. Now get the fuck outa there.

I walked out and started back moving boxes with the rest. Good thing I got out in time because Don and Kailey just pulled up.

Kailey POV

"Hey one of those movers look very familiar." I got out of the car to get a closer look. "Dennis?" I called out loud. He turned around and began to smile. "Kailey right?" He said walking over. "Why didn't you call?" He asked.

I didn't want him knowing what happened last night. "Uhhh I lost it somewhere last night. Going to get a new one before C Spire closes. You work as a mover too?"

He looked at his uniform. "Yea, something has to pay the bills. But let me get back to work. I'll make sure you get my number again before I leave." He walked off and I blushed.

Don was just staring. "Who the fuck was that nigga and why was he tryna be slick with you. Looking like a mufucking UHHHHHHH..!" He laughed and I hit him playfully.

"For your information, I met him at Red Lobster with Bubbles. He's a really nice guy."

"Aye, as long as that nigga got his own money, he good with me. Ion want no mama's boy and damn shole don't want no poacher round my lil sis. But you won't be going back to that club anytime soon. Repairs won't be done until mid-November and it's just April."

Now how was I going to make money.

A couple of hours later, the movers were finished and Dennis left me his number to put in my new iPhone 6plus. He was the only number in there besides Bubbles and Don, so I decided to text him.

Me: Hey boo!

Dennis 💋: oh so Ima boo now. 😂

Me: Fine... What's up Mr. Move that Lobster 😂

Dennis 💋: I see you like to joke Lil Mama.

Me: child please! Do I look like the walking dead 👀!

Dennis 💋: Nah ma, but you fine as hell tho. I been seeing your YouTube videos. J Settes ain't shit without you.

Me: uhh how you know I was on the J Settes?

Dennis 💋: fine, you caught me. I've been admiring you on and off campus. Didn't know I went to JSU did it?

Me: hell no! You must be a freshmen?

Dennis 💋: was one, but bills started piling in so I had to make some sacrifices. But I gotta start this shift, BBL. 😉

Me: okay 😔

Boss Mane POV

"Man Donovan and Mike won't know who hit them. Once I take them both down, I'll be the biggest pen in Mississippi! "

I sipped my Henny and just watched Kailey comb her weave out and get ready for bed. My identity will be revealed... SOON!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boyy yall thought the club scene was something, just wait on this! 😂 also I won't be updating as frequently next week. Going on a somewhat vacation, but I will do the best I can.

And I would appreciate it if you all liked the chapters that I post. It makes me feel more proud to update.

LIKE/COMMENT/VOTE 💯💪🏽⭐️

(It was a mistake in the word choice that didn't match the plot of the book. It was fixed in the last part where Boss Mane was talking.)