Chapter 4: Jealousy in the Air

Bubbles POV

"Girl look at you! Jackson State has taught you well!!!" I said without sounding too excited. "And they've taught you very well also", Kai said back to me while walking to the locker room. We were sisters back when I was a J-Sette. (I'm saying back when like it was in the 1900s 😂). It was 2 years ago, I couldn't get a job because I was a philanthropy major, and the only job I could get was being an English Teacher but Mississippi Teachers don't get paid shit. So I decided to put my skills to work and came to Black Diamonds. It was a slow climb to the top but it was a well deserved one. Lord knows all I had to do to get to the top.

Flashback - 2years ago

I was called into a private show by one of the club's most promising investors.

"Mike I can't do this! I don't feel comfortable fucking a man I barely know!" I said panicking. Mike grabbed me by my arm and whispered in my ear, "Look Bubbles, if you don't do this, all your 'bubbles' will be popped! Yah feel me?". He grabbed his gun out of his waist and pointed it to my head. Frantically, I nodded my head in agreement. He pulled the curtain back and pushed me into the room.

Even though I was a stripper, I was a virgin, and that man took my innocence, Mike sold my innocence. Right after I finished, I signed a contract, making me the headliner of Black Diamonds for the next 5 years and $1.1 million dollars. Mike kissed me on the cheek and said, "The only way you can back out of this deal is if you are dead, so don't do shit that will piss me off." He walked off, leaving me speechless and afraid.

End of flashback.

"Mike", I said dryly. I showed no emotion towards him even though he still put fear in my heart. Mike stood up and hugged me. "Bubbles why you gotta be like that. I'm not gone do shit to you." I could tell he was high as fuck and wasn't in his right mind. He let me go and grabbed both of my hands. "Bubbles when you gone come back to the trap. I miss you. You were the best distributor I had."

"I am never going back to selling drugs, I only did that because I was broke and had a child. Plus, you have the GiGi's now. And I'm pretty sure those hoes are satisfying your needs very well."

He caressed my cheek. "Baby those hoes don't compare to you." I stopped his hand and made my way to the locker room. "Take care of my seed you dirty bitch!" He yelled out.

I cannot let Kai know that Mike is my baby's dead beat father. I gotta get her to realize that this is no place to be. Once you get in, there is only one way out.

I opened the locker room door to see Kai getting pushed around by some of the other dancers. "What the fuck is going on in here!" I yelled and everyone stopped in their tracks. I made my way to the crowd to see Kai's lip busted. "Who did this Kai?" I said loudly.

"It was me, what the fuck you gone do bout it?", a familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around only to see the real whore of the strip club, Candy, my sister.

"Put your hands back on her again bitch and watch how I tap that ass. LET A BITCH TRY ME!!" I said all in her face. She bagged back and walked away.

She has been jealous every since I got the headliner deal and she was stuck under my shadow. And guess what, she also has a baby by Mike. ( I can't stand that bitch).

I walked to the sink where Kai was cleaning her lip. " You okay girl. Don't worry about Candy she gone get her ass handed to her on a plate with a Stamps Burger." Kai let out a little giggle. " Bubbles I didn't want to fight her. Even after all the shit she did. She was my best friend. Then, She stole Mike from me and had a baby by him. She took a picture of me changing in the locker room at school and put it all over Facebook. Now she does this shit and I still can't bring myself to beat her ass!" Kai was an inch away from punching the mirror before Bubbles grabbed her hand. "Don't mess up your pretty hand over that jealous bitch."

Just then, one of the strippers ran in the dressing room and yelled "CHRIS IS OUT OF JAIL!" My face was in shock. "Who is Chris Bubbles?", Kai asked. "He's my brother, and the one who got me into all of this mess."