Chapter 8: Showtime & Shootouts

Kailey POV

It was 30 minutes until I was due on stage. I still couldn't believe that I was going as a headliner for my first performance. I was nervous as hell. Bubbles sent someone over to do my make up and fit me into this luxurious white costume that I can rip apart. I didn't even look like myself. I looked like I was much older, at least 6 years older.

As I was turning around, I saw Candy staring at me. I would say that she was admiring but after what happened earlier I really don't know.

"Candy I don't want any trouble." I said putting my stuff into my locker and closing the lock. "Look Kai, I'm so sorry about earlier. I was being a complete bitch. Bubbles brings that out of me. What happened between us was in high school and long ago. Let's say that we put the past in the past." She put her hands out in the hug position.

What the heck. I don't want any problems and it would be good knowing that me and Candy's bad blood is over. I walked over and hugged her. That's when I felt a needle stab me in the back.

I pushed Candy off of me and slapped fire from her ass. She got up and started to bag out of the room. "Have fun dancing off heroin bitch!" She threw the needle at me and I knew I was fucked then.

I'm a toxicology major and knew the exact time that heroin will take affect. For me it was 15 minutes, the same amount of time it was before I went on stage. SHIT! How could I let this happen! Bubbles told me not to trust anyone and I let my guard down.

I was almost in tears before I heard my stage name over the bullhorn. "Kai Kat report to backstage, Kai Kat report to back stage." I got up and splashed water in my face. "I gotta take control. Take slow breaths, pace myself." I was calming myself down before I headed out of the door back stage. I was at the curtains when I heard me being introduced. "And now introducing for the first time subbing in for Bubbles, Miss Kai Kat!" Cheers erupted and my song began to play.

🎶 If you know exactly what I wana do, then Ima give the business to you 🎶

I walked slowly to the pole, making sure my ass jiggled with every step. Some how I wasn't nervous anymore. I was actually feeling this shit. I grabbed the pole and something just took over me. I was sliding down doing splits and climbing with my legs. I even ripped the entire suit off so that I was only in my g-string.

When I was finished, I saw that the floor was covered with dollar bills. Someone handed me a container and I just started pushing the bills into the container. People were still throwing money at me.

Next thing you know, shots started ringing from the bar. Everyone was running and knocking down tables and I just laid on the floor with my container of money over my head. It was like everything was moving in slow motion. Then, I just blanked out.

I woke up laid out on the backseat of a car, my container of money was beside me. Thank god. "Where the fuck am I?" I asked groggily. My head was pounding and my body was sore as fuck.

"Don't worry sis, I got you out of there safe." The driver said.

Sis? He called me sis? I only had one brother and that was Don. "Don?"I asked. "Yea it's me." He said glancing back. I tried to sit up but he reached back and pushed me back down. "Don't move, I don't want anyone to see you. We are being followed and I'm taking them to a place that's gonna get whoever is following us killed, maybe even me killed. So just lay low until I get out of the car. Once you hear the gun shots end, count to 100 and if I'm not back in the car, get your ass in the drivers seat and drive off. You hear me?" He looked back at me again.

I was crying. This was too much to handle. " DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME KAILEY!!" He yelled. "Yes I hear you. I love you Donovan. " I said barely. We pulled up to the place. He shut off the car and stared into my eyes. "I'm sorry, I love you Kailey." He blew me a kiss before cocking his gun and going into action.