Chapter 9: Back in Action

Kailey POV

Bullets were flying everywhere! It was like they never ran out of ammunition. I peaked up just enough to see Don leading the shooters away from the car. He kept me safe.

The bullets stopped and I remembered what Don had told me. I started counting.

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

......
Eighty Seven...

Eighty Eight...

.....
Ninety Eighy...

Ninety Nine...

Just as I was about to welt up with tears Don got into the back seat with me and gave me a tight hug. "I was starting to think you were gone!" I said crying. "I could never leave you. I hurt you before when I took the money. But I will never do that again." He tightened the hug.

Don POV

That shit was crazy man. I almost got my sister killed with the shit I pulled. I didn't know she was going to be subbing for Bubbles. Heck Bubbles wasn't even supposed to be there! I sent her a text earlier but she didn't respond.

I got into the drivers seat and sped off. "Kailey I'm gonna take you home." "I don't have a home." When she said that I violently stopped the car, almost making another car rear end me.

"What do you mean you don't have a home? What about your apartment at the Palisades?" I asked after starting back driving again. "Donovan I was kicked out of school because I owe too much in tuition. And my apartment is included with my tuition."

I thought. I couldn't take her back to Mom and Dad's because they told me they never wanted to see me again once they found out I was in the game and selling in their house.

"Aye you coming with me then. We gone get your stuff from your apartment tomorrow. And Kailey I don't want now for an answer because you just like moms... Don't want anyone's help because you want to be super woman."

I pulled up at my Mansion on the greater side of Madison. Kailey's eyes got buck. "You.. You live here?" She asked surprisingly. She didn't know I was in the game, and the less she knew, the longer she would stay alive.

"Yea I got it off foreclosure. Come on inside." I grabbed her money off the back seat and walked to the entrance. I noticed my door was cracked. Someone was in here.

I walked back to Kailey and gave her the keys. "Look, somebody is in the house. I need you to go and drive around and park in front of the gate. Here is my phone, I'll call you off the landline if I'm ok. Now go!" She did as I told her.

I walked into the house to see someone snooping through my drawers in the kitchen. I knew who it was just by that. I tripped over the end table and they heard me. We both drew our guns at the same time.

POW!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So who yall think was shot?
LIKE/VOTE/COMMENT! 💯👍🏽