Chapter 5: Old Habits

Chris POV

I was upstairs catching up with my homeboy Mike when I saw my sister Candy. She stopped right in her tracks when she saw me as a free man. "Candy, don't stand there... GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" She ran to me and squeezed my neck tight as hell. "OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS YOU!", she said squealing and crying. She had a death grip on me. "Alright now you killing a nigga." She stepped back and just stared. And that's when I had the flashback of the night shit hit the fan.

Flashback - 2 years ago

When me and Mike woke up, we had been robbed for everything we had. "SHIT!", I yelled. Me and Mike ran outside to get in my BMW. As soon as we closed the door to the warehouse SWAT rolled in. "PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HANDS UP!" All we did was shake our heads. We were cuffed and laid out on our stomachs in a matter of seconds. They pried open the car door, and to my surprise, the entire shipment was filling every seat. "Damn", I said, "Look Ima take the rap for this, I need you to make sure Don get what the hell he deserves."

End of flashback

Candy came and visited me every Wednesday for the past 2 years and that is why she is my favorite little sister.

I was interrupted by the sound of a familiar voice calling my name. "Well if it isn't Bubbles." "Hi Chris," she said nonchalantly. She was with some chick that looked familiar but I just couldn't grab her face. "Who is this cute thing?" I asked. "She's leaving!" Bubbles said while grabbing her arm and storming out of the club.

Candy came up to me, " that's that bitch I took Mike from. You remember Kail-". Before she finished her sentence, there was a loud clash of breaking glass over by the bar. "Sorry, it won't happen again.", he said from behind the bar.

I looked at Mike. "Yo Mike, let me hollatcha real quick bruh." We walked over to a private spot where nobody can hear us. "Aye Mike, something don't sit well with that bartender." He looked at me with a 'nigga what you talking bout' look. "Nigga what you talking about? I just hired that bartender. He cool people.", he said with a slight chuckle. I looked at the bar. "Ion know man call me paranoid, but something is up."

We walked back over to Candy and her crew. "Aye how about we go hit up Red Lobster, a nigga need some real food!" I said excitingly. They all agreed and we rolled out.