Chapter 15: Blood is Thicker than Water

Don POV

I let Kailey drive me to the hospital since the doctor said I'll kind of be out of it after giving all of that blood. I couldn't even get a grasp of reality on the whole situation. A daughter, who I just found out was mines yesterday, who I am now saving the life of, who I am falling in love with her mother.

But it ain't no love in this business that I am in. Bubbles know that shit. I met her ass in the game when she was dropping on my turf. I could've killed her that day but when I saw her, I knew I had to have her.

We're here." Kailey said as she parked the car. "It's 9:15 am which means you have 15 minutes to get you a prayer out for you and your daughter."

I shot her a look. I don't mean any harm but I didn't like praying. It was kind of like I was begging God to do something for me. I mean, I guess it's just how the streets raised me, but since my sister asked, Ima try it out. Maybe God will hear me this time yo.

"Aight, if you was anybody else I would've slapped your ass."

I bowed my head.

"Dear God, I just want you to know that even though I don't pray often or go to church, I'm still apart of your world. I just want to thank you for bringing my daughter in my life. Thank you for allowing me to care for her even if it's in this position. In your name I pray. Amen."

I looked over at Kailey and she had tears falling down her face. "Don, I don't think I've ever heard you talk to God like that."

"Alright Alright don't get all emotional and shit. Getchoass out the car and let's go." I playfully pushed her.

"Damn Don just break my shoulder."

We both laughed and headed towards the main entrance of the hospital.

Giovanni POV

I was sitting at my apartment refreshing my weave when I got this weird ass text from Chris telling me to meet him at the club. I didn't know if I should go or not but its Chris, Mike's right hand so I knew it could possibly mean something. I wrapped this hair up into a messy bun and got in my car. On the way there, I was wondering where Giolani been these past couple of days. Maybe she found her a new boy toy of the week.

When I pulled up he was in a black truck. I didn't recognize the car. But when I always meet him I tap twice on the window. The window rolled down and it wasn't Chris.

"Miss Giovanni, I've been expecting you." He said in a deep voice.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!!!!!" I yelled as I was reaching in my purse for my piece.

"I suggest you don't do that. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. But I have an ultimatum, join me and my partner in crime Chris to help take down Don and Mike, or die with the rest."

My eyes bucked. "Man I don't know you!!! And why would I set up my man! You got me fucker up baby all of the way."

That's when he handed me a picture. It was my sister sitting in a chair tied up. She still had on her same outfit from a few days ago. My eyes turned blood-shot red.

"You let my sister go now!" I lunged at the window but a pair of hands grabbed me.

"Miss Giovanni, you will get your sister back once you do what was asked if you. Remember, Blood is thicker than water. Here's my card. I expect to be hearing from you very soon."

He drove off. I looked at the card looking for a name. It said Boss Mane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like/Comment/Vote