Chapter 14 , Part 2

A,

Arielle followed simba out of the car and leaned against it, looking up at the unfamiliar house in front of her. the house was two stories and it looked worn down, like it never had any work done to it after it was built. she felt her phone go off and she checked it, seeing that delano was asking about her whereabouts..again. she typed a simple "out with malani" and closed her phone, looking over at simba who was walking towards her.

""hey, I would really appreciate it if you stayed out here" he said, placing his hand on her neck and rubbing the skin underneath her jaw. she leaned into his touch and looked up at him with sorrow eyes.

"where are we? and why are we here?"

"my old house and i'm not sure but since we're here, i'm gonna go in for a quick minute and then we'll leave, okay?" arielle nodded her head, removing his hand from her neck and kissed it. he smiled at her and gave a sweet kiss on the lips, turning around to walk towards the house. she watched him knock on the door and a couple seconds later, a guy that looked exactly like him answered the door and she smiled at him. he returned the smile, checking his head up at her and closed the door. he's even cuter

nicki finished her cigarette, throwing it on the ground and stomped on it. she walked over to arielle with her long legs and stood there, staring at her. arielle stared back with a cold look, not saying anything. a few seconds passed and nicki leaned against the car, shoulder to shoulder to her and sighed.

"when are you gonna tell delano about your lion on the loose?" arielle rolled her eyes at the lion reference and turned to her, giving her the same cold look.

"we're just friends"

"friends kiss each other on the lips and go out on dates every week? sheesh, I need some new friends then." she laughed and arielle's cheeks started to burn, shaking her head.

"you like him don't you?" she added.

"why do you care?" nicki shrugged her shoulders, her eyes gazing upon the house in front of her.

"I did my research on him, he's had a tough upbringing. I don't think he needs more problems such as a girl that's already in a relationship. you shouldn't play with his feelings because it's clear he knows what he wants but with you...not so much. you can't have your cake and eat it too arielle" she looked over at nicki and then averted her eyes upon the house as well, contemplating over her words.

she knew simba liked her and she liked him as well but she was clearly still with delano. It's not easy for her to just pack up and leave, they have history together and she didn't know if she was ready to leave him for someone that was keeping secrets from her; a huge secret at that. she's so dependent on delano and she's definitely not ready for his reaction because unfortunately, she already knew what the outcome was gonna be like.

something deep down inside of her is telling her 'not yet' and to just wait it out and see where her actions take her but that could go south as well. she still hasn't confronted simba about him being transgender and honestly, she's scared too. she doesn't want him to think that she has a problem with it, her only issue is him not expressing it to her sooner. she knew that she wanted to bring it up to him eventually before her feelings become too strong; not that she would look at him any different but if he's hiding that, what else can he be hiding?

she looked over at nicki again, opening her mouth to respond but before she can, a black tesla came speeding down the street. the driver parked into the driveway of the house and hoped out, coming into their view. skylar walked over to them with a smile, giving arielle a side hug and unzipped her coat.