Chapter 25

Arielle looked over at Delano, her eyes wide and she looked between the pistol and Simba's finger on the trigger, he was shaking a little bit and she saw something in his eyes that she couldn't explain.

"let go" she whispered to Simba and he gave her a blank stare before slowly releasing his hand from Delano mouth and sat back against the seat. He couldn't believe this was actually happening. Simba dreamt of this moment since forever but now that it was actually happening, he felt weird. The gun was too heavy, his fingers were sweating like crazy and he couldn't remember if he put 3 bullets or 2 bullets in the chamber. Delano immediately gasped for air, his chest pumping up and down and he slowly turned around to face Arielle with tears in his eyes.

"I didn't think you had it in you to set me up like this" he whispered, running his hands down his legs and he looked into the rear view mirror at Simba, chuckling.

"you're finally acting like a real man" he snorted and before Simba could lean forward and point the gun back to his head, Delano swiftly reached under the seat and pulled out his own pistol and pointed in at Arielle's head. her breath got caught in her throat, her eyes wide and she kept her head straight froward.

"you must've forgot I got a gun as well, guess you didn't think that far ahead big head" he spat, and Arielle didn't feel the same butterflies in her stomach from the nickname but instead maggots, eating away at her intestines and she prayed, she prayed that she wasn't gonna die.

"put the gun down Delano"

"please Delano, I don't wanna die, pl-" she cried but he shoved the barrel further into her curls, making her head bounce off the window.

"you should've thought about that before you and your little girlfriend decided to set me up. you think I wanna die?" he emphasized, chuckling to himself. "if I'm dying, you're dying with me. remember? till death do us part?" he said, repeating what the judge had said the week prior in their court case and she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that this was all a dream and she was gonna wake up in her bed. Simba cocked the gun back and pressed the barrel into Delano's head, aiming it right as his temple.

"y'all were never married dumbass. put the gun down before I blow your brains out" he threatened and Delano laughed before he cocked his own gun back and shoved it deeper in her curls. "not only my brains, Ari's too"

Delano pulled the trigger and Simba did as well, shooting the bullet through his skull and Delano's gun dropped, it hit the ground and Simba looked over at Arielle. her eyes were closed but she was unharmed and there were streaks of tears down her face. she slowly opened her eyes and glanced over at Delano, immediately screaming at the top of her lungs and Simba put a hand over her mouth to silence her. he picked up Delano's gun and opened it, revealing no bullets in the chamber and he laughed.

"of course it's not loaded, such a pussy" he threw the gun in his backpack, along with his own and he turned towards Arielle, brushing a hand over her shoulder.

"you okay baby?"

"no! I'm not okay Simba! I almost died"

"the gun wasn't eve-"

"I don't care! I didn't know that before he had the gun aimed at my fucking head!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, her body shook as she looked around the car and noticed splatters of blood painting the window and she immediately felt sick to her stomach. she felt like she was in a movie and they were gonna yell "cut" in a few seconds but when she looked over at Delano's lifeless body, she quickly realized this was reality and she flung the car door open to throw up.

Simba got out the car and rubbed her back to console her as the food and liquor emptied itself out of her body and she wiped the dripping saliva off her mouth and felt a thick paste on her mouth. she touched her lips and looked down at her fingers, noticing blood on them and she jumped back, screaming again. Simba pulled out a tissue and wiped her fingers and mouth off, shushing her so nobody would hear her. the area was dark and there were no streets lights nor signs of anyone around but they couldn't risk anything. she suddenly felt her anxiety skyrocket and she felt like her throat was closing in on her.