Chapter 21

Arielle woke up to the sound of a tv playing and she peeled her eyes open, wincing at the bright lights coming from the ceiling and she looked around , her blood running cold. she realized where she was at and all the memories from last night started flooding her mind, she must've felt asleep in the car because she doesn't remember walking in here at all. she glanced over at the hospital bed and noticed simba was laying in it, a bunch of tubes tied around his body and a breathing mask attached to his face and slowly, she stood up, taking small steps towards him until she was a few inches from his body.

Simba's eyes were closed, the breathing mask getting cloudy with each breath he took and there were a few scratches on himself, barely noticeable but still present. she reached her hand over and touched his face, quickly retracting her hand back when she felt his cold skin against her fingertips and she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping this was all just some sick, twisted dream and she would wake up and see simba smiling at her. she blinked her eyes open again and jumped, noticing simba was looking straight at her with a frown on his face.

"uh, who are you? are you my nurse?" he whispered and arielle jerked her head back, not believing what she just heard. did he lose his memory?

"it's arielle? your girlfriend?" she stated and he continued to look at her with a weird look until he started busting out laughing, quickly regretting his decision and winced in pain.

"you should've seen your face baby, it was like a fish out of water" he said, chuckling lowly and readjusted his body to get comfortable again. "and girlfriend? that's new" he said jokingly, wiggling his eyebrows and she sucked her teeth, about to push him but she remembered his condition and decided not to, plucking his forehead instead.

"shut up, it was an accident" she lied, a blush forming on her cheeks and they made eye contact again, silence filling the air around them before arielle spoke up again, her voice cracking.

"i'm sorry."

"it's okay, at least i'm alive."

"it's not okay simba!" she yelled, getting frustrated and rubbed her hands down her face. she couldn't believe that delano would go as far as stabbing him but then again, if he dislocated her elbow at one point, this didn't seem so far fetch. but still, this was pushing it to the extreme and to think it could've been her in this hospital bed instead, sent shivers down her spine.

"you didn't deserve this, this is my fault and i'm so fucking dumb and stupid and I didn't think that piece of shit would do that to you like come on, what kind of sane person would stab someone??? oh my god, simba, i'm-" she rambled on but simba placed his hand over hers, staring into her eyes with a look of calmness.

"arielle, I said it's okay. seriously. stop blaming yourself, you didn't stab me, he did." he reassured and she dropped her shoulders in sort of a defeated way, nodding her head and she turned around when the doctor walked in, her blood running cold. delano walked in with the brightest smile, teeth on full display and she immediately lunged towards him, shoving his body into the wall. she cocked her fist back, sending a brutal punch to his jaw and she heard simba yelling at her, along with a couple nurses that came in but she ignored them, sending a couple more hits to his face until a police officer pulled her off of him.

"I fucking hate you! you're dead to me, fucking dead!" she screamed, hot tears running down her face and the officer started putting cuffs over her wrists. delano fixed his scrubs and looked over at simba with an amused look and simba rolled his eyes, struggling to raise his hand to flip him off.

"ma'am calm down." he spat at arielle, tightening the cuffs on her wrist and he looked over at delano with a straight face.

"do you know her nurse jones?" delano shook his head, his eyes wide with a scared look on his face.