Chapter 10

Arielle dropped to her knees in front of harry's body and tapped his cheek repeatedly, her eyesight becoming blurry.

"Hey, hey, harry, wake up, come on, WAKE UP!" she screamed, hot tears running down her face and she quickly grabbed a piece of tissue and wiped the vomit off his mouth.

"Call 911" she yelled to simba and hooked her arms around harry, placing him against the wall.

"What the fuck, harry, you gotta wake up for me, please" her voice cracking, putting her two fingers on his neck and she felt a faint pulse, a little hope burst through her veins.

"I feel a pulse, tell them that!!" she shouted, brushing his hair out of his face. "you're gonna be okay love, you're gonna be okay" she repeated as she wiped the rest of her tears away, a faint smile forming on her lips.

Five minutes pass and the EMT's started rushing in the bathroom, assessing harry. they rummaged through their bags and pull out a narcan nasal spray, quickly ripping the package open. they lift harry's head up and placed the spray under his nose, injecting the liquid into him. he doesn't wake up and they open another pack to try again. fresh tears sting arielle's eyes and simba pulled her into a hug, shielding her view from the situation at hand. they pushed the liquid into his nose for a second time and a few seconds passed and harry's eyes shot open. he quickly tried to scramble to his feet but the emt's held him and he tried again, more frantically.

"relax kid, please stop moving." they said, while keeping him grounded.

"where am I? what happened" he whispered, his eyes bulging and looking around. the emt take the empty pill bottle and read the label, nodding their heads and putting it into a evidence bag.

"you're in a bathroom at Leviton, you overdosed on oxycodone. stay on the ground, my partner is coming with a gurney to take you to good samaritan hospital. do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" harry nodded and looked over at simba and he gave harry a crooked smile. the emt returned with the gurney and they help harry get on it. when they lift him up off the ground, a pool of liquid emerges from under him and his pants are wet.

"he must've pissed himself." the paramedic mentioned and his partner wrote it down in his notes.

"what's your name kid?"

"Harry." he replied flatly, closing his eyes from embarrassment.

"well harry, you live to see another day. congratulations." they started pulling the gurney through the store and wheeled him outside, loading him onto the ambulance. the paramedic turned to simba and arielle with a notepad in his hands.

"so, who found him?" arielle raised her left hand like she's back in school and the paramedic nodded, writing it down.

"what's your first and last name?"

"Arielle Bailey."

"and you?" he replied, pointing his pen at simba.

"Simba Woodberry."

"simba is your government name?"

"no." he said, looking down at his feet.

"what's your government name?"

simba walked up to the him and pulled out his wallet, showing it to the him. he whispered something in his ear and pats his shoulder, putting his ID and a card back in his wallet. simba goes back to arielle, putting his arm around her and gives her shoulder a squeeze. simba isn't his government name? so what IS his name?

"well simba and arielle, we might need you to come down for questioning and I gave simba my card if you have any questions. it's late and the visitation hours are over but you can see harry first thing in the morning." they nodded and the paramedic gets in the ambulance and drove away, leaving them on the curb in front of the store. simba took arielle's hand and led her to her office, opening up the door and closing it. he sat her down in the chair and he came between her legs, leaning towards her.