Chapter 20

A,

arielle turned over in simba's bed, looking over at his sleeping body and smiled, his lips creating drool and pooling around his arm and she got out the bed to use the bathroom. after she flushed the toilet and went into the fridge to find something to calm her growling stomach down. she pushed a couple items around until she found a box of eggs and before she closed the fridge back, she looked closer at the top shelf. she placed the eggs down on the counter and picked up the bottle of cream but before she could read the bottle, simba peeked his head in the kitchen, staring into arielle's soul. she suddenly jumped up, dropping the bottle and it shattered, glass flying everywhere.

"oh my god, you scared me" she exclaimed, clutching her chest and he shot her a creepy smile, resting his hands behind his back. he slowly walked over towards her, stepping his socked feet onto the glass and arielle quickly put her hand up to stop his movements so he wouldn't hurt himself but he ignored her, continuing to walk over the glasses and he stopped until he was face to face with her. he tucked a piece of hair out of her face and rested his hand on her jaw, the bruise from the kick slowly fading away.

"what are you doing?" he questioned, his grip tightening on her jaw and she winced at the pain, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"was looking for something to eat, ow simba, you're hurting me" she said, trying to move her head away from his grasp but he only tightened his grip, digging his fingers into her jaw harder and he looked down at the glass on the floor, kicking a piece towards the wall and looked back up at her.

"you hurt me too ari. i'm standing on glass from something I really needed. now what?" he taunted and let go of her jaw and grabbed the broom, sweeping up the glass from the floor and throwing it in the garbage. arielle looked at him while he did it, her hunger slowly turning into nausea and she put the eggs back into the fridge, walking to the living room instead. she sat down on the couch and looked over at the notebook, noticing it was flipped open and her heart dropped. before she could get up and investigate more, simba walked into the living room and sat down next to her, taking off his sock and picking out the pieces of glass that was stuck between the fabric.

"you okay?" he slowly nodded and she glanced at the notebook and back at him, cleared her throat. he looked up at her and dropped the sock, giving her his undivided attention.

"can we talk? like about something serious?" he didn't reply and just nodded his head, his face showing a sense of nervousness and she placed her hand over his, slowly rubbing his knuckles.

"so i've been thinking about everything that's happened between us so far and I really, really, really like you" she said and simba smiled, a slight blush forming on his face but that was quickly replaced with panic after she said the next sentence.

"and I want us both to be honest with each other so I have to ask this. are you.." she began to say but simba quickly got up and ran towards his room, slamming the door closed so hard that all his hot wheels fell down from their display shelf. she hugged, looked over at the hot wheels and walked over to place them back where they belonged. she let out a breath and slowly walked over towards his door, knocking softly.

"simba, open the door" he didn't reply and she turned the knob, walking into the room and closed the door back. she turned towards him and he was laying on his stomach, tears in his eyes and she climbed on the bed, rubbing small circles into his back.

"baby, what's wrong?" she whispered and he started crying harder, hiding his face in the pillow and she felt her heart break, wanting to do nothing more than to wipe his tears away and hold him forever. a couple minutes went back and she slowly peeled the pillow away from his eyes, looking into his bloodshot  eyes and she combed her fingers through his hair.