Shots and salsa Pt 1

This morning was one of those mornings where Glenn would round us up near the doors and get us hyped up. Today he has us clapping to some song he made up. I normally skip this but Cheyenne dragged me out this time.

It's too much, I didn't even finish my tea yet. Everyone clapping is giving me a headache.

"All right! I like this!
When I say cloud, you say nine!"

"Cloud!"

"Nine"

"Cloud!"

"Nine"

Jonah, who was really smiley today, could tell some of us are totally super into it. Leaning over to talk to me while Glenn kept going.

Still clapping, "Hey, Y/n. You don't seem super happy about this, everything ok?"

"I appreciate the concern, but no I'm suuper happy with having people clapping in my ears at like nine in the morning." Giving him a fake excited smile.

He laughed at that, then went back to chanting with everyone.

"This chants a little on the long side" Jonah was also standing next to Garret, "Gets longer every year." Who was next to Amy, "When I first started here, we would just put are hands in the middle and go 'yay'."

Meanwhile costumers were watching and waiting outside.

Like five minutes later..

Finally its over! We still haven't opened yet.

"Before we open, I need a volunteer to hand out samples of the new Cloud 9  brand salsa, Señior Cloud."

Mateo had his hand up before Glenn could even finish that sentence.
Although after Mateo said he wasn't Mexican, he decided to call on Amy, saying it was "up her alley". To which she rejected.

Glenn claims it had nothing to do with race but it seems like it does.

"Y/n, would you like to do it?"

"What, are you assuming I'm Latina as well?" Giving Glenn a slight glare, I was only messing with him.
"Oh no! Of course not! You know what I'll just do eenie meenie miney moe yea?"

It lands on another Latina, who I didn't even know worked here till now. Jonah volunteers to do it though.

"Honestly it's fine, it beats a day of dressing room duty." I'll have to figure out her name later. Or not. It's not like we'll see her in another episode later on anyway.

"Thank you! Think fast" he ends up throwing her, in his words not mine, a Mexican hat.

°°°°

I noticed Garret, Amy and Jonah talking so I went up to them. Only for Jonah to get stuck with unloading boxes.

"What just happened, and why is he helping Dr. Flirts a lot?" I asked the other two, and Garret says "Jonah apparently is better then us because he helps people." "Oh ok.. good for him I guess. Did he talk about the summer thing he did again?" They both just nodded their head.

°°°°

When I came back around Jonah was grabbing medical supplies.

"Thought all you had to do was bring in some bright green boxes?"

He turned to face at me from the ground after dropping some band aids, "oh uh, yes I was. But uhm I-I uhm I'm helping so."
I was leaning on the counter at this point. "You could just, oh I don't know like not help. Just walk away."
"You see I would but it doesn't seem like it'll get done if I do." He was now standing up, looking down a little bit but still facing me.

"You did kind of peg me as the obedient type" Joking around with him, I took some of the things he had in his arms.
"Y-yea well, I mean there isn't anything wrong with that." "I never said there was man"

The so called doctor came over. "Well hello Y/n. You never texted me back the other night on if you wanted to grab drinks with me." Jonah looked at me with a confused expression. "Oops sorry, must've given you the wrong number." Dr. can't-keep-it-in-his-pants, leaned closer to me with his phone out "You can give me the right one, then we could hit up this bar after I'm done saving these people, huh? What do ya say?"

Ignore him, "I'll talk to you later Panda." Winking over at Jonah then walking away to decide what not to do next.

°°°°

I found Garret, who was watching Amy talk to the girl who was working the salsa stand. "Hey man-"

"JESUS! Damnit Y/n, stop doing that would you." He almost dropped his fake box because of how startled he was. "Yea sure, anyway whatcha doooing?" He pointed over at the two "waiting to see what happens after Amy confronts her about the accent."

The conversation looked like it was getting heated. And that's not because it's about salsa. Joining in on the stakeout, "Who would you think would win in a fight against them?" "You know what I'm not sure"

They started fighting over a bowl, which I'm guessing had salsa in it. Some must have spilled out because the girl ended up slipping on it and breaking something.

"Oh shit." The next thing we know a bunch of curses are being thrown around. More towards Amy.

Garret just looks at me, "Guess Amy would win."

Band and tennis season is over so I should have more time to work on this. If I have the energy that is 😅
I'm so sorry that it's been forever since I've updated.
Updates will be out more, some weeks more than others though.