Shots and Salsa Pt 2

Mateo is now working the salsa stand because Amy broke the girls leg. What else could happen today?

••••

Garret had just wheeled away from a shocked Jonah.

"Hey Garr I was thinking you me and Randy could play this new video game I got. It's about people doing quests like killing monsters in some forest. It's multi player." I showed him the game while shrugging.

"Oh hell yes, this looks cool. I'll let him know your coming over. Bring chips too."

"Sure thing, want me to get some of the salsa from the stand?" Tilting my head in the direction of the stand, Amy and Mateo were there so I thought it be funny to point it out in a subtle way.

He looked over, then looked back at me with a laugh. "Sure, I do wanna know what it taste like."

°°°°

Everyone's gathered in the break room because apparently Amy made a racist comment. Although she says she was trying to make a point. And because Jonah help an old white lady who said something racist.

"Oh wow, it's an hour long. Definitely how I pictured work today." Sipping my drink and leaning in my chair to get comfortable.

"Thanks guys. when I woke up this morning,  I was hoping to learn about racism from a white woman." Garret said to the two.

°°°°

After the long video everyone had to sit through, we went back to work.
Which for me was just mindlessly putting things on the shelf while listening to music.

That didn't last long, because my private concert was sadly interrupted when someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hey Y/n, uh-" I turned around to face Jonah. He didn't notice my earbuds were in because he kept talking. It was only when he was finished and waiting for an answer, did I take them out.

"Oh you had earbuds in" Jonah looked embarrassed. "Yea sorry wanted to let the song finish, but what's up?" Putting down the item and shoving my earbuds away.
"Oh uhm what song?" "Love Me Like You Do, know it?"
"It's uh, Ellie Goulding right?" He didn't seem to sure with his answer.

"Yea it is, what did you need me for though? Unless you just wanted to chat."
"Right, Garrett actually sent me to tell you that he wants you to pick a few songs to play in the store."
Hearing that, I took the cart and started walking towards where Garrett would be, Jonah following.

"What songs are you going to pick? Does he always let people pick songs?" Chuckling at his questions,
"Jeez get me drunk first if you wanna play 20 questions. But probably Pound The Alarm and Wide Awake."
It seemed like he had to think about the songs I chose. "And uh sometimes Garrett lets me pick, he knows I have good taste in music sometimes."

"Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, not bad artists, didn't think you'd be interested in them if I'm honest."
Faking a mad look at him and cocking my head, "And what's that's supposed to mean?" "Oh no nothing at all!" He seemed very worried that he offended me, which made me laugh. "Dude I'm messing with you, chill." Elbowing him in the arm. "Good, no uhm I mean I figured you'd be more into like metal."

We finally got to Garrett, "well I don't really have a preference in music genres, hey Rett." Looking up from his phone, "Hey, you chose some songs?" He hands me a small piece of paper and a pen. "Yup" taking them and writing the songs down and handing it back. "Cool thanks."

••••

I won't have much time to finish the episode because of the holidays, and I had this idea for a bit so I wanted to at least post something.

Sorry if these songs aren't like your first picks, the show first came out in 2015 and I wanted to keep everything in like the same decade or whatever.