nineteen

❝ 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘄𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 ❞

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
「 𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑎 」

-

it was the day before the fight with emica was supposed to take place, the entire six days for the hanazono gang was filled with sparing and working on their skills again. emiko really wanted this day or to be more specific the night to only be dedicated to the gang and had asked all the members to do the same. this was the first time in 4 years the gang was going to fight in a gang war and everyone was nervous.

emiko was the most nervous, she had so many what ifs running through her mind and was thinking of the worst which the others told her to stop thinking like that. she couldn't help it as she had lost pretty much everything due to gang wars and thought that doing this was a mistake but she knew there was no way to back out of the fight now. she would have looked weaked and the girls would really be laughing stocks, not to mention the girls would never back out.

the only thing that brought her peace of mind was that housen and oya were watching the fight, emica wanted to send a statement not only to them but to other gangs that hanazono was weaker than ever. emiko and her girls weren't going to allow that to happen, they weren't the most feared girl gang back in the day for nothing. they wanted to prove to themselves and to everyone that hanazono was still a force to be reckoned with.

" she's been pacing around since this morning " mari said watching emiko pace around the leader's hangout area. mari and the other girls had noticed the leader was even more nervous than ever. which is why they invited the guys of oya over, the girls thought maybe the boys ( specially fujio ) could calm her down. she had been pacing back and forth for good couple of hours. none of the hanazono members had seen their leader act like this before.

fujio had entered the room and walked towards emiko who didn't even notice him walking in. he grabbed a hold of her shoulder which made her look up at him. " the girls said you have been pacing for a while, maybe you should sit down " fujio said worriedly and took emiko's hand to guide her to the couch. the other leaders and oya members had walked into the room and sat down next to emiko who's anxiety was at an all time high.

" sorry, i'm just nervous about tomorrow " emiko said laying her head down on fujio's shoulder. fujio placed a kiss to emiko's head as the others were worried about emiko, she could fight physically but mentally she was all over the place and that's what worried them. they were afraid that during the fight emiko would return to her old self and stop fighting, fujio was the most worried because then he couldn't defend his girlfriend.

" you'll be fine, we'll be fine and history will not repeat itself " nara said giving the leader a worried look. " nothing will happen, we won't let it happen " kimi said motioning to the other co-leaders and her. truth be told, they were all worried about tomorrow but didn't want to show that to emiko. the girls could only put their feelings side to make sure that emiko was alright, they did it for a reason.

emiko was the glue that held the gang together, the reason why they were still here was because everyone still believed in emiko's leadership. no emiko would mean no hanazono gang. they didn't have loyalty to other gangs but they did have a lot of loyalty for their leader. " also, we'll be there watching everything with housen " tsukasa said as the oya boys nodded in agreement. " not to mention that if the little shit tries anything, i will personally kick his ass " todoroki said making everyone look at him in shock.

todoroki was always quiet and most of the time never interacted with the girls of hanazono, that doesn't mean he hated them. he was actually quite fond of the girls and deep down inside he would do anything to protect them. " what i can be protective if i want " he said pushing up his glasses as everyone still looked at him in shock. emiko had even calmed down because of todoroki's sudden change in behavior.

" i knew it, you all owe me money! " suki shouted to the other girls who looked mad now that they lost the bet. the whole bet was to see if todoroki secretly liked the girls and would protect them if the time calls for it. todoroki shook his head at the girl's immature ways but he did have a secret grin on his face as he did find them very amusing as well. all the boys of oya found the girls amusing, they all would do anything to keep them safe.

-

the oya boys had left and now was the time that emiko requested just for the hanazono gang. the other co-leaders and her planned a dinner so all members, ex and active could eat together like old times. they felt like it was perfect time for everyone to be a whole family unit again as this was the first time in years that they all were together.

it was bittersweet moment, everyone was happy to be a whole gang again but they also had someone missing. someone that would be so happy that all of them were becoming a family, someone that meant so much to the girls. " listen up! " kimi said as her and the other founding members of hanazono had entered the dinning room. the room was large enough to seat all members with enough room to seat guests as well.

" tomorrow is the fight, remember we are to get the necklace back, save hanae, and prove to the other gangs why we're once the most feared female gang " emiko said in a loud voice so everyone could hear her properly. " we do this for her and to protect our family! " mari shouted as the girls all cheered. " whatever happens please be safe and if you see a knife, don't fight just run " nara said lastly, the girls were going to make sure that history didn't repeat itself.

emiko nodded to everyone so they know it was time for dinner to get started, in this moment the leader truly felt the happiest. while all of the other girls were laughing and talking over dinner, the only thing that was on emiko's face was admiration for the active and ex members. she was forever grateful for the 44 girls she calls her family, they believed in her when they didn't have to and trusted her with their lives.

most of the girls come from broken homes, have no parents, or have parents who don't give two shits about them. the founders gave them a roof to sleep under, food to eat, and it may not be a typical family but that's what they were. if it wasn't for the gang, most of them probably would have been homeless or would have turned to worse things just to get attention or money. they had nothing to worry about because emiko always took care of them.

she would never let her members suffer, she would never throw them out of the streets. emiko was a tough leader who kicked out some members because of rules they had broken several times over the years, but she didn't just leave them behind. she supported them with a place to live and food until they were able to find a job themselves. not only her but the other co-leaders were just like emiko.

the founders never turned someone way if they wanted to join the gang, espically if they knew the person needed a place to stay. " what are you thinking about? " kimi who was seated right next to emiko said after noticing the leader was lost in thought. " about the old times, this almost feels like it " emiko said smiling to kimi who nodded and smiled back. " it kind of does feel like old times " kimi said before looking to a picture of her.

emiko also looked at the photo and smiled, the girls had put a framed photo of her in front of the seat she always sat in. kimi was always seated to the left of emiko and she was always seated to the right, the seat was never meant to be sat on anymore. it was her spot and only her spot, the girls were very protective of anything that was hers. they haven't even gone through her stuff in the room upstairs, nobody dares to enter the room and nobody dares to touch anything.

-

a/n:

hello, we only have one more chapter before act 1 of the book closes and act 2 opens. act 2 will explain the death of her, the name of her, and the actually story behind the hanazono gang. happy reading everyone !