X

It was a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon. Both Kelly and Beyoncé were off work, so they spent the day in the bed under the many, many blankets. Michelle was in the middle of course with Beyoncé on her right and Kelly on the left. She had taken a good nap that lasted a couple of hours. She had been working late every night of the past two weeks on her designs. Kelly and Beyoncé took turns checking in on her until she came to bed. She had just woken up from her nap when she felt Kelly move from her side. She rubbed her eyes, wiping the sleep from them. "Mommy?"

Kelly immediately turned around at the sound of her baby's voice. "You're finally up." She smiled, getting back into the bed. "I missed you." She kissed Michelle's temple.

Michelle giggled because Kelly was being dramatic. She didn't go anywhere. She just took a nap. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Two whole hours!" Beyoncé said walking into the room with a tray of fresh fruit. "You were asleep forever. Kelly and I were able to draw a beard and mustache on your face."

Michelle gasped, her hands on her cheeks. "Really?!"

Both Kelly and Beyoncé laughed at their girlfriend. Beyoncé shook her head. "No, I was just joking."

"Oh." Michelle was relieved that they didn't draw on her face.

"You are just too cute." Beyoncé placed the tray on Michelle's lap. "Eat." She softly demanded, getting back in bed. She kissed both Kelly and Michelle's lips.

"Thank you!" Michelle looked at the tray of sliced grapes, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, and kiwi. She picked up a strawberry slice. There has been something on her mind for a while but her girlfriends were always too busy. "Mommy. Daddy. How did you two meet?"

Kelly's eyes widened. "We never told her. How?"

Beyoncé shrugged. "I guess we were too focused on the now and our future. We met in high school." Beyoncé recalled. "I was the new kid and Kelly was in charge of helping me navigate through the school. You know the first thing that I noticed about Kelly was how beautiful she is."

"Mommy is still very beautiful." Michelle said watching Kelly's blush deepen.

Kelly smiled. "Thank you."

"You tell the story Kelly. I love it when you do." Beyoncé took a piece of fruit off of Michelle's tray.

"Okay." Kelly's eyes lit up. Honestly, she loved telling the story.

Flashback

Beyoncé was nervous to be the new girl at a new school. This was the first time her parents ever moved, so this feeling was new for her. She was glad that her mom and dad found jobs in Houston, but she was sad to leave her friends, LeToya Luckett and LaTavia Robinson, in Louisiana. They understood her and spoke French based Creole as well. This new place would be different. She would be the only fifteen year old taking senior level classes. This year was going to be the worst. So she thought. Beyoncé walked to the principal's office. The principal smiled and told her to come in. Beyoncé did. There was already another student in the room.

The principal clapped her hands together. "Hello Beyoncé. Welcome! My name is principal Ross."

Beyoncé nodded her head. She wasn't much of a talker. Especially not with strangers.

"Beyoncé, this is Kelly." The principal introduced them.

"Hi." Kelly smiled. "You're so beautiful."

Beyoncé looked at Kelly who was smiling at her. She immediately felt butterflies in her stomach. Kelly said was gorgeous and she had the perfect smile. She realized that she didn't greet Kelly. "Hey." She murmured. Her accent was thick. "You too." She said, looking at the ground.