Hayasaka and Shinzo Take a Summer Trip 2.10

Small child Momoka snored at the middle seat while Shinzo leaned on the window at one side and Ai leaned on her window in the other side. The two were tired after a day of activities and the sound of rest was becoming more heavenly to their ears.

Mr. Nagama looked over them from the rear mirror. He could sense that something happened when they left the dinner table.

Shinzo's mind was away from the car ride, still on the memory he had with Houtarou back there. As they left the dinner, he gave one small lingering look at him before saying a gruff goodbye.

"Yeah, that's a friend there," he thought.

Meanwhile, Hayasaka was also in her own thought bubble as she recalled that moment with Eru. Quick to socialize, she got her number and its now sitting among others in the 'E' section in her contacts.

She had a good heart-to-heart time with her.

If she was gonna come back, then she'll be a priority to visit someday.

The ride back home was silent, the bright moon above and faintly illuminating the road. Trees and fields soared by as small specks of details. No one was paying enough attention that much.

As they finally reached home, Shinzo could almost see the bed where he was going to lay his poor beaten body at when his dad tapped his shoulder.

"What is it Dad?" He couldn't help but glare at his own father for the sudden intrusion from his thoughts.

But he was surprised.

"Good job back there, Shinzo," he said with a sincere smile and a proud smile on his eyes. "Sorry if it was a bit too sudden, but hey: at least I can assume that you made some friends."

"Well, some," Shinzo answered. But it felt somewhat a relief for him to hear those words from his old man.

"Now then," he suddenly gripped his shoulders, not too tight yet not too easy as well. "You know you have a night with your friend. That and you have one bed. Again, use your wits to get yourself out of the gutter: do not do something stupid."

Shinzo could recall the scene this morning of his dad wanting to get a knife.

"Yeah, no way in hell am I letting that happen," he committed himself in his mind.

"Sure, Dad," he replied with a worn smile. And he nodded to this. With a last reminder, he pointed at his eyes and then at him.

"Don't do it."

"Sure, Dad."

"Don't do something stupid."

"Sure, Dad."

"And make sure that Hayasaka stays—"

"Yes Dad!" he shouted, not wanting to hear the end of that sentence. He ignored him as they went inside the house.

His wife glanced at him with half-lidded eyes. "Really?" she said.

"What?" he defended himself, "I'm just trying to remind him."

But the man didn't understand what his wife wanted to tell him as she carried off Momoka inside.

Now then, something weighed on the minds of Shinzo and Hayasaka since the ride back home: no, not at what happened in the restaurant. But rather...

The two entered their room and saw their bed.

Their.

Queen.

Sized.

Bed.

If that isn't emphasized enough by me, then let me run you in with the flurry of thoughts those two had.