Ai and Shinzo Face the Facts 3.8

"Starry?" Shinzo said the name of the place.

"Mmhmm!" Ai nodded.

Both of them were in front of a building. And beside it, dipping down from the street and accessed by a staircase going down, was the supposed music bar that Ai wanted to go to. Outside, not much to see save for the sign at the entrance, which was a single door.

"Looks like a basement..." Shinzo said. Haaysaka elbowed him for that comment.

"You'll see that it's more than that," she said as they went down. "I've been here a couple of times with my friends. And it's a pretty cool place to be at. Nice food. They serve non-alcoholic drinks, and we could get to listen to some budding rock bands as they play out their newly-written songs. Don't you want that?"

Shinzo gave her a bored stare, in contrast to that excited one of hers. "Sure," he only answered.

"Still not showing that your excited?" she nudged him.

"What's there to see in a concert?" he replied with a raised brow.

"Enjoyment," Ai said in a whisper to him as she opened the door to the place.

"First thing to note," the young man recalled, "is that the place was dark. And a bit cramped. We went down through a staircase and reached the floor. Near us was the bar where we could order drinks and stuff. Tables were already put to the side as the concert was about to begin. The place had dark walls and dark carpet covered the floor: as if they got squids and sprayed the whole place with their ink. But the main attention of course was on the stage in front of us. The instruments were already placed. I saw an electric guitar, a full drum set, a bass guitar, and a mic at the middle." These details he noted.

"Place is pretty full..." Ai observed as there were already a ton of people inside, chatting and waiting for the show to start.

Shinzo checked his phone. "Should be starting in a few minutes now," he said.

"Well, that gives us an opportunity to meet them," she piped up.

"Who?" he looked at her.

"Why, the band of course! Come on, let's go have a chat with them."

Surprised by the excited and brash nature his friend exhibited, he can't do anything else but follow her. They went through the waiting crowds just to get a glimpse of them. And well, they were there.

And Shinzo felt as if lighting had struck him as he saw them.

"Girls?" he said.

"Yep," Ai nodded as they stared at them.

"Bocchi!" shouted a blonde girl as she held some drumsticks. "Has anyone seen Bocchi?" She had that same look with Ai, save for the hue with her eyes. She had red eyes, though not to the same dreary shade of Shinzo's: a lot more mellow and amber-like. She had an upbeat and positive attitude as she wore a ponytail on the side as well, much like the blonde he's with, save that it was smaller in volume. She wore a red bow around her neck and a dark shirt with the name of the band printed on the front: literally Ziptie (kessoku) Band.

Shinzo could almost barf at their creativity.

"Huh? Where did she run off to now?" asked another bandmate. She had a stylistic mood and face. Her red hair was also stylized very well and she bore a lively pair of yellow-green eyes. She seemed to be the type that would go for outdoor activities and be the life of the party.

"Hmmm maybe it's her time again," said a cool voice coming from a girl who seemed to be aloof. She had blue hair reaching just to her neck and carried a serene pair of yellow eyes. She had a mole at the side of her eye and had a laid-back poise.