Ai and Shinzo Face the Facts: Finale

Shinzo had a groggy start as he rubbed his eyes and opened them. He was met with the familiar view of the ceiling of their room. Then he drew away the comforter and rose up from the bed.

He stretched his arms around for a bit and yawned. He looked at the view outside and it was a bright sunny Tuesday morning, with people already passing along the lane and cars rolling by the water plaza.

"Lovely morning," he commented as he laid down his arms. One of them landed on something soft. And the other was something...softer?

Curious at what he felt, he looked down and saw it. He brought it up on his face.

It was a circular shaped foam which dipped in one side and bounced back up in the other.

"The hell is this?" he muttered, curious at the look of it.

"And the hell is this?" said a groggy yet menacing voice. He knew immediately and gulped, feeling as if he swallowed marbles.

He looked down and saw Ai with a glare that could murder him then and there if it could, her fist clenched tightly already.

"Uh wait," he dropped the thing, "let me try to explain—"

Smack!

He went down with a painful groan as Ai blushed and took away the thing.

"Darn it," she mumbled, "I should've hid this pad somewhere else."

Some minutes later after washing up, the two headed down for a nearby coffee shop to have their breakfast.

They went inside one as soon as they spotted one. It was near to their place, just a block away. No trouble in getting there.

It had a homely look with plain cream walls, wide windows, and wooden varnished chairs and tables. Already, the smell of coffee invigorated them as they headed down and took their seats.

Not a lot of people were inside; an old couple in one corner, a businessman anxiously waiting for his order on the counter, and a pair of siblings who were having a good chat about something.

No more than that.

"Hello Sir and Ma'am," one barista approached them with a welcoming smile. "Can I take your order?"

"Sure," Shinzo said as he grabbed and looked at the menu. "Hmm... hey Ai, what would you be having? Will it be the English Breakfast with blueberry jam?"

"Yep," she replied, "and I were to guess that you would like a fine cappuccino and some bacon and eggs?"

"Oh, you know it," he gave a smile.

"Will that be all?" the barista asked as she noted the orders.

"Yeah, we're good," the two said.

With that, the barista took her leave with a bow and left them.

Shinzo tapped his fingers on the table surface while Ai checked her phone out, probably checking out her Instagram Feed. He saw it one time: photos from family and friends, places to travel across the world, and carnivores tearing each other apart in NatGeo.

... forget that last part.

One time she saw him ogling at some places in the USA: the Empire State Building, the Golden Gate Bridge, and on Europe the Eiffel Tower from Paris and the Colosseum from Rome. He never had a thought of visiting them. But she did.

"You know," he said. "I'm proud that you got the chance to travel just like your mom."

This startled her as she put away her phone. "Is that so?" she gave a small chuckle. "What's this all of a sudden?'