8. A Failed Dinner

"This went well" Alyssa thought as she headed to her chambers to freshen up for supper. She was staring down at the floor, her head was low and she was pulling the skin around her nails. Something she didn't usually do. 

Tanya walked by her, she understood that something was wrong. "I guess your silence and that sour look mean the walk in the garden was a failure"

The princess looked up from the floor to the wall at the end of the long corridor they were walking in. Still not looking at Tanya.

"What else can I expect with him?" She frowned.

"Do you want to talk about it"

"Not particiualy" Tanya nods in understanding.

"I want to go back home, to my family. I want to play with Joffrey and Aegon, I want to train Verraxes and Terraxes with Rhaena, I want to watch with Luke as Jace tries to learn High Valyrian and I want to get into trouble with Baela."

Tanya gave a smile, herself remembering everything the two found. They drove Prince Daemon completely Mad. Like the time he saw them with two common kitchen boys

Yeah..... That was fun

They continued walking. "We should hurry now, princess. You need to be dressed before supper"

Alyssa nodded, but quickly remembered that there is one woman she hasn't met yet. Someone she missed dearly.

"No, we're going to visit Princess Helaena."

"But my lady, you must be prepared for-"

"You can get my stuff there, and we can get ready together"

Alyssa hurried towards maegor's holdfast with a big smile covering her entire face. As if she wasn't upset a few seconds ago.

************

On the way to Helaena's chamber, she realized that she had come to the wrong place.

Seven hells

"Princess, can I be of any assistance of any kind?"

She looked at the guard who addresses her and gives a small smile, almost impossible to see.

"Ser Criston, I think the locatuon of the princess Helaena's chamber has slipped my mind"

She knew he wasn't a fan of ether her or her mother, but he actually refused to cut out Lucerys's eye that night. And for that she is grateful.

"This Way, Princess"

They walked in rigid silence. The only thing that could be heard was the clanking of his armor as he walked behind her.

Why was everyone so stiff here? It was unpleasant. How could she handle living here for the rest of her life with.... Aegon.

Now they were in front of the door, she turned to Ser Criston and gave him a nod of gratitude. He bowed his head and left.

Alyssa knocked on the door, but when no one answered, she opened it herself, slowly.

She saw Helaena sitting in her chair with her back to the door, she had her beautiful silver hair up as always. A braid around the head like a crown.

"I want to be left alone, please"

The cold voice made her sad. Hoping everything was okay. Alyssa hadn't seen her in five long years, so she didn't leave.

"I've missed you too, Hel" she said as a jest. Helaena turned around, the sad face replaced with a big smile. Helaena got up from her chair and the pair held each other. A happy laugh left Helaena's lips as they remained in each other's embrace. They pulled back but still held each other's hands.