9. We Need To Talk

Aegon woke up in his bed with the worst headache. Given how often he drank and got drunk, you'd think he'd be used to it by now. But no.

The head throbbed as if it were going to explode. A ticking bomb. Absolutely fucking wonderful.

What the hell happened yesterday?

then it hit him. Pictures from the night before. When he went to the Street of silk after the walk with Alyssa and spent a large part of the day with his whore. As if it was the worst, he had gone into the dining room drunk.

"fuck" he whispered to himself, And buried his head in the pillow to silence that bomb. He would be beaten for this. His mother's screams and warnings echoed in his head.

The door was slammed open. The loud noise made him wince in pain.

Why was everyone so fucking loud?

"Good marrow, big brother!" Screamed a very familiar voice, Aegon shook his head in disbelife and prayed to the gods that it wasn't him.

"What a mess, don't tell me you've had guests here before me."
Daeron shouted as he stormed into the chamber. Aegon buried his face in the pillows and sighed loudly.

"Not you" He whined "go away!" he picked up the pillow and threw it at Daeron but missed.

"Come on, Aegon. You can't mean you haven't missed me a little at least"

He lifted his face from the pillow and tried to open his eyes fully.

"I have not, why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be in oldtown to get shields and wine for our mother's uncle or some other nonsense?"

Daeron chuckled at his brother. "I wouldn't miss your wedding to our dear niece for the world" He laughed loudly causing Aegon to once again bury his head in the pillow to silence the loud noise.

As Daeron's laughter faded, he took a deep breath. "Aemond told me you did quite the impression on Aly yesterday"

"Can you shut up, your annoying voice makes my head throb worse than our mother. And don't call her Aly, you two aren't friends"

This made Daeron laugh again. This will be an eventful week.

"seven hells, you are irritated today brother. And for your information, me and Aly are very good friends. Come on, you have to get up now"

"Yeah? Try to get me up then" Challenged the hungover prince with a grin. Aegon rested his head on the pillow, knowing his little brother couldn't do anything to get him up.

"I can't, but I bet Aemond can. He seemed quite angry when I saw him, he has that look you know"

He chuckled, eyes still closed. "He always has that look" He mumbled into the pillow.

Daeron turned his head at the sound the door made as it opened. To say Aemond was angry was an understatement. He was fucking furyous with his brother, even though he was younger than Aegon he was always the one cleaning up his messes.

This is going to be fun Daeron thought as he saw how Aemond looked at Aegon.

"Time for me to go then" he cleared his throat "see you later"

The youngest prince slipped out of the chamber as Aegon lay on his back on the bed to meet his younger brother's gaze.

He stood there with his arms behind his back and his eye completely focused on him as he tried to move.

"I guess our mother sent you"

Aemond shook his head in frustration and went to stand closer to the bed. "I always try to stay out of your business, but, I could have thrown you out the window for what you did yesterday."