4

A/n: Here's a little over 6,000 words for youu. Enjoy 💘

Tw: talk about scars.

It's crazy that you've dated for almost two years and you had never met his mom or siblings; he hasn't met yours either but that has always been the plan. Tonight was a special night; they apparently had planned a really nice dinner. The reason for this was because of your arrival, which you thought was a little extra, but you still appreciated the nice gesture. You brought a really nice green dress that you actually designed and one of your friends in NYC who you met at a club, made for you since he works at a really nice atelier. It's light green, on the verge of sage; the fabric is satin, and it goes all the way down, stopping above your ankles, with small cleavage on the front but a fully exposed back with a beautiful drape right above your tailbone, and a beautiful golden chain that does a T shape. It comes in from both of your shoulders, meets in the middle, and goes all the way down, actually connecting to the underwear you're wearing, however, the underwear is obviously not visible. You paired it with some wonderful gold short heels and some gold accessories. Your hair was down and very wavy and voluminous, and you kept your makeup more on the natural side. You looked as beautiful as ever. "You don't think it's too much?", you asked Dash as you checked yourself in the mirror. "It's perfect", he stood up from the bed, "you're perfect". "Stoppp, I'm not". He just hugged your waist and you stayed there for a few minutes embracing each other until he left downstairs to finish preparing the final details for the dinner.

You completed the look with some perfume and headed downstairs, nervous and excited. The thought of someone surprising you with anything always made you extremely nervous; you've never really liked surprises. Especially, since you're very particular about food, you were nervous about what they had prepared for tonight, but you just wished for the best. Edi was already asleep so it was only Dash, Cate, and you.

You walked into the kitchen and both of them were there already taking everything to the table. "Let me help you guys", you said. They both turned around and Cate whistled as she looked at you. You just shyly looked down and lowkey blushed a little before thanking her for the compliment. "You look beautiful", Dash said as he walked towards you and pecked you on the cheek. He was going to kiss you on the lips but you told him you didn't want him to mess up your lipstick, which made him roll his eyes and chuckle. "What can I help you with?", you asked nicely again. "Nothing", Cate said, "you're our guest so you just sit down and enjoy yourself". "No please, let me help", you said again. "You're a little stubborn, huh?", she smirked as she asked. "You have no idea mom", Dash said, which made you roll your eyes at him. "You can't deny it", he said cleverly. "Ha ha", you replied annoyed.

You made your way to the table and Cate asked if you wanted wine, which you accepted without thinking twice. "Don't give her too much though mom, she gets flirty". "Is this roasting night or something?" you asked. "You should be thankful for that, as you're the only one I'm flirting with tonight". "We'll see about that", he said, lifting his eyebrows and winking. "Shut up", you whispered, before Cate walked in with the bottle of wine in her hands. "Don't worry about that, wine makes me frisky too", Cate said and winked. "Glad I'm not the only one".

Dinner went by pretty smoothly and the conversation was flowing nicely. Baked salmon with vegetables and potatoes was served; which you were thankful for, since you absolutely love it. "This is so good!". "I'm glad you like it!", Cate said. "Dash told me salmon was your favorite". "Thank you", you mouthed to him. "So, y/n, Dash told me you love to sing and do it very well, I'd love to hear you sometime". Immediately when Cate lowered her gaze to her plate you looked at Dash with a confused and stressed expression and mouthed "why?". "Yeah, I do", you chuckled. Being put on the spot like that made you want to die. "So, when are you gonna give us a little show?! We have a piano too and I heard you play it too!", she said nicely. "Yeah, maybe one of these days haha". Literally never.