14: 1

A/n: hey guys!! I'm away on holiday right now but I didn't want to leave you hanging so here's a chapter under 3k words. I hope you enjoy it!
I'll be back home in 10 days, hopefully to a weekly posting schedule. I love you all.
Merry Christmas if you celebrate and Happy New Year!! Take care, love b. X.
Tw: mention on scars and suicidal thoughts.

Unable to sleep, as usual, after turning for what seemed like a thousand times, you picked up your phone from the nightstand.

It was still quite early, at least for your usual sleep schedule. The clock read 12am.

Not wanting to disturb Cate, you carefully got up from the bed and made your way to your room to get a book you brought.

Entering your room, you went to the bathroom, where you had left your vape to charge, when you caught your reflection staring back at you.

Immediately your gaze was lowered down to your knees, or rather, above them, where three scars were visible.

These three scars are from the first time you cut yourself. They had never faded and throughout the years they have been a constant reminder of the first time you decided to inflict pain like this on your body.

A bunch of curse words were your first thoughts. A question that also popped up in your mind was if Cate had seen them when you reached her room. Probably not, since she wasn't wearing her glasses and the lights were dim; however, it unsettled you a bit.

After retrieving your book and vape you made your way to Cate's bedroom again.

You went into her walk in closet and sat down on her vanity. You had also brought with you your clip in lamp; you clipped it to your book and started reading.

After a while you got tired and uncomfortable from sitting in the chair for so long so you decided to step back into the room and sit on the floor, next to the bed, where the light wasn't shining on anything else but the floor and your book.

You were reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo for the second time now.

The first time you read it, it made you cry at least fifteen times, but you adored it. Evelyn's and Celia's story touched your heart in a way not many books did, which is why it has made you cry over and over again the way it did the first time.

Also, a song that you love which perfectly describes Evelyn's journey is The Lucky One by Taylor Swift.

After a while, you caught yourself snoozing off, and your head plopping down involuntarily.

However you wanted to keep reading so you did just that, until you eventually dozed off.

"Y/n?! What are you doing down there?" Cate's voice woke you up, and you realized that your book was no longer on your lap, and that the lamp was now facing the ceiling, which is why Cate woke up.

"I'm sorry I woke you", you said trying not to sound like she woke you up from the sweetest of slumbers.

"Get up here", she kept saying. After turning off your lamp and removing it and your book from the floor, you quickly got into the bed and apologized again.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?", you said in a whisper.

"It's fine", she said and tapped your empty side of the bed for you to lay down.

"What were you doing?", she asked you, both facing each other like before you wished each other goodnight.

"I was just reading", you said and yawned, closing your eyes. "I couldn't sleep", you added.