Author's Note

Hey girls, gays, theys, and non-binary babes!! Just wanted to come on here and tell you a bit about myself and share with you some important details of the story. My name is Isabela, I'm 19 years old and I've been a huge Cate fan for about 3-4 years I would say. I feel like it's important to mention, like in every fanfic ever, obviously, I respect Cate and her family; most importantly, her marriage, duh.
The idea of this story came to me when I was on a 6-hour plane ride and my phone had run out of battery and I had no charger.  As a person who has always had a huge imagination and a special skill (more like a double-edged sword) for daydreaming, I made this story up in my head and imagined every single room and every single detail about every single scene my character y/n could ever find herself in. Creating this new fantasy world has made me extremely happy during horrible times, and has also helped me I guess cope with mental health issues and aside from all of that, develop my storytelling skills (I at least think so).
I've always been an avid storyteller and writer, but I've never really shared it with anyone except for a few friends so, I truly hope you enjoy this extremely personal story. Mind you English is not my first language, however, I consider myself lowkey good at it, so if I make a stupid mistake ignore it, as I have tried to write this story with as perfect grammar as possible.
This story does contain a lot of sensitive topics, but, I will make sure to include trigger warnings before any chapter that may discuss these topics. This is a way to cope and to create awareness I guess. Even though they can be extremely triggering, I believe reading about them can make us feel less alone and feel like maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, even when we can't see it. If you are ever struggling, remember I see you, I understand, and you can always write me! I'm not sure how Wattpad's direct messages work, but you can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok (all of my handles are in my profile's bio). Since including a list of all of the topics right now could be quite overwhelming, because they seem like they're a lot, I will specify them in any chapter where they are mentioned.
In the story, y/n is from a Latin American country, her native language is Spanish, and she is 25 years old. Cate is actually in her early 40s. However, Dash is 22, 3 years younger than y/n.
The way this story develops can feel slow, and I'm not gonna sit here and lie and tell you that it isn't, because it is. But I beg you to stick with me through it, as I promise it's worth it, and I've put almost a year into it. I started it maybe in November last year, and it's now August.
It does begin with y/n's relationship with Dash, however, I will not include much detail on, for example, their sexual life, as I know many of Cate's fans identify as only wlw or nblw, and I want to make this story as enjoyable as possible. As I said, it will be a while before the real story that you have signed up for begins, but like I told you, it's most definitely worth the wait. Plus, it's very important for the first part of the story to unfold, so the real one can begin, as I wasn't about to write a half-assed story about how they just magically met (which I'm not gonna lie, probably all of us, including me, would eat up lol).
Anyway, enough of my rambling. I hope you enjoy it! Please leave comments if you can. Even if you think they're small or about something stupid, I adore to read them and I would love to reply to them as well.
Take care and tell someone you love them today (even yourself),
Isabela xx.