7

A/n: Hiiii, I was going to wait another week to post this, but I'm just too impatient. This is such a comforting chapter for me, it really means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy it!

The conversation was flowing really well between you too because you were talking about topics and common interests that concerned the both of you. You both laughed a few times and shared silly antics. However, that didn't last very long, as the conversation started to get a little bit more serious, or at least that's how it felt to you because you were now the topic of conversation. 

She started asking about your high school self, which was definitely one of your most destructive eras, and you usually avoided the topic as it made you feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. "So where'd you go to school?", she asked as she took a bite of her omelette. "Well, I attended the same school for 16 years. In 4th year, I went to an all girls boarding school in Dublin; then in 5th year I went back to the same school I had been in all my life, now in my city, and then for my last year of high school I transferred to another school. Then, college there too, and I somehow ended up in New York". "Oh, that's interesting, why did you pick Ireland? Or did you have no choice?". "Honestly, Ireland always seemed to call my name, even though I had never met anyone who had gone there; for some reason, I just always wanted to live there". "It is beautiful", she smiled. "Yeah, it was definitely one of the best years of my life". "Why did you study abroad though? Is it common in your family to do that or-?". "Yes, it is common, but... To be completely honest", you laughed with her because that's what you promised in the car; "I just really wanted to get away from everything". "Oh, I'm sorry you felt that way... Was it really bad at home?". "Not necessarily bad, but it was just too much. There was just always a lot of sadness and negativity, and things like alcohol abuse and grief and stuff like that around me, and I guess I needed a break. So, my dad had offered me to study abroad a few years before, but I never gave in, so when I remembered that he had suggested the idea, I immediately took up his offer and we started looking for an agency to send me to Ireland, and that's where I ended up." She took your hand that was laying beside your plate. "I'm sorry you went through all of that. How old were you when you went away?". "Fourteen", you answered with a flat smile. "Oh my, you were really young". "Yeah, I guess, but I think the timing was right". "I'm glad you feel that way", she said, letting go of your hand. You just smiled and finished your smoothie bowl.

You then continued telling her some of the greatest experiences you had in Dublin, and about all of the incredible friends you made. After a few minutes, you both ordered tea and continued with the conversation. By now, you had been talking for about forty minutes. "But, I kind of got confused a little bit. If you had gone to the same school for 16 years, why'd you transfer schools? Especially in your last year; what made you make that decision?". You laughed nervously and kind of pulled away from the table stretching your arms in front of you playing with your rings at the same time. She sensed your nervousness and proceeded to say, "if you don't want to talk about it, it's fine y/n, I also don't enjoy looking back on the past". You sighed and chuckled nervously again. "No, don't worry about it, it's fine; I think it's better to talk about it than burying it deeper, but I don't want to burden you or ruin the mood..." She was now looking at you confused. "Whenever I've talked about this part of my life with someone they end up very worried or crying." She just looked at you and said with a smile, "I think I can handle it". "Alright, however, would you mind if we left and maybe went to a park, so it doesn't feel as heavy?". You have no idea what's come over you; it has always been extremely hard for you to open up. "Yeah, yeah, of course", she said. "Let me order the check". She obviously did not let you pay for your meal.

You both left and walked to a park that was nearby. "So...", she started the conversation. "So..." you laughed at the end of the sentence. You both were quiet, her giving you a chance to speak again. "Let's say, I wasn't very well behaved in high school", she raised her brows and you laughed, "but there was a reason for it. When I came back from Europe, the high school system wasn't obviously the same, and the teachers were a lot stricter and meaner. Plus, since I have two older sisters, there was always this sense of competition; however, my sisters and I didn't compare ourselves, it was the teachers who were always comparing our work.