Chapter 25: the Hangover

Nika

When I woke up I have a nasty hangover. I can't even open my eyes without my head hurting. I lay here in my bed and honestly can't remember how I even got home.

Honestly I don't remember much from last night. Well hopefully I didn't do anything stupid. I finally forced myself up and grabbed water from my mini fridge and got me some ibuprofen.

A few minutes later, Paige walks into my room and lays on my bed.

Paige- I am honestly surprised that you managed to get up after last night. Do you even remember what happened last night?

I don't remember much after the fourth drink, and meeting the new softball transfer named Sky.

Paige- So you don't remember the four more drinks and dancing with Sky and a few other people.

I don't remember that. I remember me just sitting in a chair feeling bummed about not being with Jade. And you and Azzi were trying to get me to dance, but I declined. Then Sky and a couple other softball players came over and started to talk to us. Which is the last thing I remember.

Paige- So You don't remember feeling guilty at the end of the night and wanting to call Jade. But I talked you out of it because you were drunk.

Wait why did I feel guilty? What did I do Paige?

Paige- technically you didn't do anything wrong, it's just when the ball dropped Sky kissed you.

Wait so I kissed someone who wasn't Jade?

Paige- No Sky kissed you and you pushed her away. And you told Sky that you couldn't. Sky told you that it didn't mean anything because where she's from kissing everyone on New Year's is okay. But you literally walked away upset. That's when I found you getting ready to call Jade to tell her. But I stopped you because like I said you pushed her away and she literally said it means nothing to her. So there's no reason to tell Jade.

That sounds really complicated.

Paige- No it's not. It was a kiss that means nothing and you don't have to tell Jade about it because nobody besides us and the rest of the team knows about you and Jade.

That is true.

Paige- Then take my advice and not tell Jade. Because she might break up with you because this will cause her to doubt your relationship. Especially since she has been cheated on by all of her exes. And I don't want you guys to break up because of something that really didn't mean anything.

Okay you make a lot of sense, so I guess it's just another thing not to tell her.

Paige- just act like it never happened okay.

Okay, and Paige thanks for being my best friend.

Paige- You're welcome and I will always have your back.

And I will always have yours too.

After that Paige left, I decided to take a shower and change before heading downstairs to get something to eat.

Before I finish brushing my hair. My phone started to ring. It was Jade FaceTiming me, and I answered with the biggest smile on my face.

Jade- Happy New Years Beautiful.

Happy New Years to you too Gorgeous.

Jade- How are feeling today after your party last night?

Well when I first woke up, I felt like I was dying but now the ibuprofen is kicking in and I showering helps.

Jade- Sounds like you had a great night night lol.

Well I spent the first half of the party missing you and wishing you were here, but by the time I got to my fourth drink I was talked into dancing with Paige and the others.