Chapter 18: Is this reality?

Nika

When I woke up, It definitely wasn't because I was ready to. Jade started to freak out and crying. She was having a really bad nightmare. I used all of my strength to hold her tight and calm her down, but it wasn't working. So I just held her tight until the nightmare was over. It lasted for 15 minutes, so it could have felt longer to her.

I wonder how long this has been happening. I wonder if she even knows that she does this in her sleep, because she didn't even wake up. I am definitely going to ask her about it.

It was 5am and since she woke me up in a panic I will definitely not be falling back to sleep. I just stayed there holding her and making sure it's not going to happen again.

Two hours later

Jade

When I woke up, I thought I was by myself until I saw Nika walking out of the bathroom. She changed back into her clothes that she wore to the party last night, and she still looks like she stepped out of a magazine.

She walked over to me with a smile and sat next to me on the bed.

Nika- How did you sleep last night?

I believe that I slept okay.

Nika- I don't know if I believe that.

Okay you caught me. I have nightmares pretty much every night. But how did you know?

Nika- You move around in your sleep and you mumble.

So you didn't hear what I said?

Nika- why should I be concerned?

No, I have always done that. I do talk in my sleep, and sometimes move around. It because of my ptsd, well that's what my therapist said anyways. Sorry if this ruined your impression of me.

Nika- What are you talking about? I am not going to end this because you have ptsd and you are seeing a therapist because of it. I am not that person. I am here for you and mental health is very important. Just remember that you can always be honest with me okay.

I look her in the eyes as she rubs my thigh. I kiss her and said that is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me. After I said that she kissed me back and felt like I could get use to this.

When she pulled away I knew that the bad news was coming.

Nika- I really don't want to, but I need to go back to the hotel. I have to go back and pack my stuff and then go back to Connecticut.

As she says this she's looking down and playing with my blanket.

When will we see each other again?

Nika- I don't know, but it will definitely be soon. Especially since I have to take you on a date.

When she says that I got a very big smile on my face.

Yeah definitely can't wait for that. But for now I guess I will have to settle for driving you to your hotel.

With that I got up and get dressed. After I finished brushing my teeth and hair I walked back into my room where Nika was waiting for me. (Yep definitely can get use to this.)

She looks up at me saying.

Nika- This feels like a dream.

Do you want me to pinch you?

Nika- No, because I never want this to end.

She stands up and kisses me.

Nika- are you ready to go?

Yep just let me grab my phone, keys, and wallet.

After that we head downstairs and out the door. We hopped into my car, and we were off.

Do we have time to stop and get coffee before you have to go to the hotel?

Nika- yes and I know it's because you want to spend more time with me.

You know me so well.

When we got to Starbucks. We didn't hold hands or touch, because we definitely don't want to go public especially since we are not officially together yet. We paid for our coffees and then.

JT fan 1- omg isn't that Jade Taylor over there?

When I heard my name I turned around and see this young girl and her mother walking up to me.

Young girl- can I get a picture and an autograph?

Of course you can. While we took our pic she says...

Young girl- I play softball and someday I want to play just like you.

Well as long as you practice and focus on the basics. You can definitely go far. Her mom gave me a coffee collar that has the Starbucks logo. I signed it and wrote "so you will always remember meeting me at Starbucks." After that they walked out the door and left.

Nika- You are so very nice and sweet.

Awe thanks for noticing lol. We grabbed our coffees and then drove to the hotel. Before she got out of the car, she turned to look at me to say.

Nika- I would totally kiss you right now, but...

It's okay. Plus good things happen when you are patient. So we opted for a hug. Then she got out of the car and headed inside the hotel.

When I got home. I looked at my phone and see she already messaged me.

Nika- Don't forget that I am going to take you on a date. I promise you it will be soon.

I am holding you to that promise. Ttyl have a safe flight.

Nika- gosh I miss you already, but yes I will definitely message you when I get back to campus.

And with that I go to the living room where Maddie is getting ready to watch my favorite movie. The movie is called A League of Their Own.

Maddie- you are just in time like always.

Yep like they say every second counts. Oh and Hi Kat. How was your night last night?

Kat- definitely not as complicated as your night.

Yep I knew you were going to be the first one to joke about it.

Kat- Yeah but you make it so easy. So sit your but down and start the movie.

So I sat there watching my favorite movie, and feeling like my life is amazing. But I totally forgot about one factor that could make it all come crumbling down.

Author note: So what is the factor she forgot about? I bet you can remember it if you think hard enough. If you don't figure it out then I guess you just have to wait for the next chapter. And like always don't forget to comment.