Chapter 31: The NCAA Final

Jade

When I woke up up this morning, I was still wrapped up in Nika's arms and she was watching me sleep. But I feel like something is off.

I look up at her and smile and she smiles back at me. That's when I asked...

Are you nervous about the game?

Nika- Let me guess it's written all over my face.

That and I had a feeling. But it okay to be nervous, but I believe in you and your team. I know that you guys can win tonight. Just don't overthink it and roll with the punches. I know you have beaten Iowa a few times, but don't underestimate them. Just go out there and play the game like it's your last. Plus I will be here for you win or lose, because I love you with all of my heart.

Nika- And I love you with all of my heart too. You always make me feel better.

You do the same for me.

After that Nika kisses me and it feels like I'm floating and the only thing securing me is Nika. I already see a future with her. I believe that we could go the distance.

She's the only person who I felt this way about. I feel like I can completely trust her. She understands me like nobody else, and she reassures me when I need it. She never breaks me down, she always builds me up. This is the first non toxic relationship I've ever been in. And it feels amazing. I don't want this to ever end.

When we break apart from the kiss, Nika reaches over to check the time. The moment I saw her reaction I knew that she had to go.

Nika- I wish I could lay in bed with you all day, but I have to go meet up with the team and prepare for the game.

Just remember what I told you and everything will be okay. And I can't wait to cheer you and your team on.

Nika and I kiss once more before she gets up and puts her clothes back on. Once she finishes she walks to the door and turns around to look at me one more time.

Nika- I love you

I love you too.

Then I watch her leave and close the door behind her. The moment she was gone I let out giddiness  and have the biggest smile on my face. Man I am so in love with her.

I finally decided to get up a few minutes later, and right when I finished getting around I got a message from my mom.

Mom- Hey come meet us at the diner for breakfast? Then after breakfast all of us will go looking around and spend time together before the game starts.

Sounds good to me. I think I will ride with Hana and Hayden over.

After I sent that message to my mom. I messaged Hana if they have left yet for the diner.

Hana- No we haven't left yet. Do you want to ride with us?

Yeah I figured that it would make it easier. Plus we will have to come back before the game anyways.

Hana- True.

So are you guys ready to go?

Hana- I have been ready to go. I'm just waiting on Hayden. You know how he is.

Yeah I definitely do. Well I will meet you in the lobby.

Hana- Okay and Hayden is almost done, so we will meet you in five minutes.

Okay see you in a bit.

After I sent that message I grabbed my wallet, keys, and I put my phone in my pocket. I made sure that I have my key card to my room before I left. To wait for them in the lobby.