Chapter 27: The after party

Jade

When I walked out of the locker room they all were waiting for me. I gave them all a hug except for Sky we just shared a look and shook hands. I guess that was her way of telling me that we are going to call a ceasefire for the rest of the night.

They started to tell me how much they enjoyed watching me play, and how they understood what other people were talking about when they watched me. I definitely started to blush and say that I only played well because of my teammates.

After that I told them that I had to ride back to the hotel with the team but they can pick me up there.

Paige- Well we are staying there too, and we would like to change before we go celebrate your win anyways. So it definitely worked out.

That's great news, and I will see you guys at the hotel.

I hugged them all one more time before heading to the bus. I wasn't the last one on the bus so we waited a couple minutes before my last teammate got on the bus. Then we headed to the hotel.

At the hotel there was a small crowd. Coach told us to grab our bags and head straight inside and keep our heads down.

The moment I stepped off the bus I was getting hounded by questions and a couple of people reached out and touched me. I grabbed both of my bags and walked inside with coach right behind me.

When we reached the front desk, coach checked us in and then handed out the room keys and told us who we are rooming with. Maddie and I are rooming together like always.

The moment that we walked into the room she looks at me and says...

Maddie- I know that you are not staying in this room tonight. So did you figure out where they are staying?

Yeah they are staying here too. So are you going to change and go celebrate the win with us?

Maddie- Definitely and I will ask the rest of our team and tell them to meet in the lobby.

While Maddie did that I went to the bathroom to clean up a bit and change. I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a Ball State T shirt, and a varsity jacket. I decided to wear a pair of jordans. Then I brushed my hair out and decided to leave it down.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Maddie looked me up and down and said...

Maddie- Nika is going to have a hard time pretending to not be in a relationship with you when we are out in public.

Honestly I am already having trouble with hiding our relationship. I love her so much, and I never felt this way about anyone before. I believe that she is the one for me. I just don't want to deal with the public and my mom yet. I know that she would try to hide it and find someway to keep us apart.

Maddie- I only met your mom a couple of times, and I can tell she only cares about image. That's why it was crazy when the media found out that you didn't have a perfect life during the trial.

Yeah my mom definitely has a good PR team. Anyways are you ready to meet everyone in the lobby.

Maddie- yeah and a couple more teammates are going to celebrate with us, so now we just have to figure out where.

Let's go to the lobby and find out.

When we got to the lobby, Nika and their group were already waiting on us. And I already see Kat, Sasha, and Alex waiting too.

Hey guys so where are we going to celebrate?

Sky- I know a club just around the corner where you only have to be 18 to get in.