i

chapter one: broken hearts parade

Jason Newsted had it all. He was in one of the biggest bands in the world, he was playing for fans night in and night out, and he was getting the fame and money anybody else would die for. 

And yet, he was a hopeless romantic. 

Jason Newsted, bassist for Metallica, was a hopeless romantic. All his life he wanted to be with "the one," and he had been searching for it since the dawn of time. 

The band teased him about it all the time. He was in one of the most famous bands of all time, practically known in every corner of the world, and he wanted to find someone to settle down with. 

Any time he met a girl he liked, he was quick to fall in love. He would follow them around like a lovesick puppy, and all they really wanted in return was popularity instead of his actual love. 

That was why he never associated himself with groupies. Once in a while, he would give in, but only for the sake of satisfaction. There was nothing he wanted more than to just love someone and be loved in return.

That wasn't to say he never found someone, because he did. He thought she was the one for him, a family friend he had known for years. That was until he found her in bed with someone else.

Since then, he hasn't been looking as much as he wanted to. While that situation was long in the past, he was starting to think that maybe his bandmates were right. There was no use looking for "the one."

All the girls he was going to meet were going to see him for the fame, not who he really was. That hurt him to think about because that wasn't what he wanted, but it was how things ended up.

And so Jason, lonely and in dire need of affection, sighed as he tried to distract himself with the music rather than looking for love. He had to accept that maybe things weren't going to work out for him in this life.

But maybe he shouldn't give up just yet. If only Jason had known the whirlwind this next girl was going to throw him for...