xxxii

chapter thirty two: keep on loving you

After Valencia poured her heart out to Jason, he noticed she seemed to feel better about how she felt about herself and their relationship. However, he wanted to make sure he got his message across to her.

He genuinely cared for her and wanted to make her feel like the most special girl in the world. That meant planning out a surprise date night with her. 

She deserved it after all this time they had been together. Their bond had grown for some time, but he didn't get to take her out on a special date where he could just spoil her. 

Valencia knew something was up when he left earlier than usual, not even grabbing a cup of coffee or something to eat. Whatever he was doing must've been extremely important for him to skip out on a morning together. 

That was something she would ask him about later on. For now, she was going to head to work. Even then, her mind was flooded with thoughts of what he could've left so early for. 

Jason was running all over the city preparing to spoil Valencia for their date. He stopped by to get flowers, her favorite candy, and a little gift to show his appreciation. Dinner was just a bonus.

The day flew by in an instant. Valencia came home early, and there was still nothing from Jason. No phone call, no voice mail, nothing. That was weird, he always left something for her.

She figured that today was probably a busy day for him. As long as she would get to see him later that night, she had no problem with it.

A knock came at the door later on, and Valencia went to open it. What she didn't expect to see was Jason standing there with flowers, candy, and a little gift bag in his hands.

Her jaw dropped as she took in the sight in front of her, her face full of surprise at everything in front of her. "Valentine's Day isn't for another six months!" She told him.

"I know but," He came inside, setting the things down on the table. "I wanted to get you a little something just because." He explained, smiling proudly as he looked at her.

She walked over to the table, her cheeks having a light pink tint on them. "Is this why you left so early in the morning?" She asked, unable to resist the smile forming on her face.

"Kind of," Jason didn't want to reveal the surprise, but he decided to tell her anyway. I wanna take you out tonight. On a proper date." Jason admitted, hoping she would accept his proposal. 

She felt her heart flutter at his words. He had done all of this for her when he didn't need to, and to spoil her in the process made her appreciate him more than words could ever say.

"Aww, Jason..." She felt her heart melt at mentioning him going above and beyond to take her out tonight. "You don't have to go all out for me, I'm okay with just staying home." She told him.

Jason raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" He asks her. He really wanted to take her out and make her feel special. "I thought that's something you would like." He sounded a bit defeated.

"It is! But you've already done so much for me," She said, referring to the gifts that were all on the table. "I'm okay with just staying in and getting some takeout as long as I'm with you." She held his hand.

She wasn't trying to discourage Jason from taking her out. It was the fact that she was willing to do anything with him, and for her, staying inside was more appealing than going out tonight.

"Okay, if that's what you want, we can do it," He smiles, squeezing her hand. "But just so you know, I'm still going to take you out on that dinner someday." 

She laughed and nodded, letting him make it up to her another day just like he originally planned. For now, they were going to order takeout and cuddle up on the couch, like she wanted.

After they ordered food and ate, Valencia decided to open the gift that Jason bought for her, gasping when she saw that it was a necklace inside. 

"Oh my god," She whispered, gently taking the jewelry out of the box. "Jason, this is so beautiful. Thank you." She smiles, giving him a gentle kiss on his lips.

"You're welcome, Val." He replied, a loving tone in his response. He gently took the necklace from her and placed it around her neck, hooking it on for her. 

She turned to him, her smile genuine and warm as she looked at Jason. "How does it look?" She asked, glancing down at her chest before glancing back at him. 

Jason smiled as he looked at her, taking in the beauty and sweetness that radiated off of her. "You look great, my love." He whispered under his breath.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around Jason's neck, giving her thanks by giving him another soft kiss on his lips. 

She looked so happy, and that was good enough for Jason.