Chapter 3- im sorry love

Finally, in the distance, I saw the familiar silhouette of Enzo's car approaching. My heart leaped with a mixture of hope and anxiety as he pulled up to the curb. The moment had arrived, and as I opened the car door and stepped inside, I knew that my life was about to take another unexpected turn, with Enzo at the center of it all.

Aloras pov;

Enzo reached me in swift strides, his gaze never leaving mine as he closed the distance between us. The air was charged with tension, and for a moment, we simply stood there, words unspoken, emotions swirling beneath the surface.

Finally, Enzo broke the silence, his voice a mixture of relief and worry. "Alora, I'm here. Tell me what happened."

Enzo's eyes had widened at the sight of my swollen belly, and I could see the moment when understanding dawned upon him. It was as if the pieces of a complicated puzzle had finally fallen into place, and the emotions that crossed his face were a mixture of surprise, hope, and something else I couldn't quite decipher.

I clutched my belly, feeling the tiny life growing inside me, as if seeking comfort from the man who was undeniably its father.

"Is it mine?" Enzo asked, his voice trembling with an unknown emotion. Was it hope? Could it be that he was genuinely filled with hope at the idea of becoming a father?

Tears continued to stream down my cheeks as I met his gaze with a nod. "Yes, it's yours."

Enzo's reaction was nothing short of astonishing. He knelt down beside me, his large hand gently resting on my belly. It was a gesture that held both wonder and tenderness, as if he had just discovered a treasure he had long been searching for.

His voice was filled with a newfound determination as he spoke, "Alora, I'm going to be here for you and for our child. No matter what it takes, I will provide for you both and ensure that you have a safe and secure future."

Enzo's commitment to being there for our child was heartening, but my emotions remained conflicted. I couldn't deny the uncertainty that still lingered within me, the doubts about whether he could truly be a good father given his dangerous life and the fact that he was, at times, a stranger to me.

As we continued to talk, the question that had been looming in the back of my mind finally emerged. Enzo's gaze was now filled with a mixture of hope and concern, and he asked softly, "Alora, if you were pregnant, why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me?"

His question was accompanied by a palpable hurt, and I could sense a hint of anger. It was a valid question, and I understood why he might feel betrayed by my sudden departure.

Tears welled up in my eyes again as I tried to explain, "Enzo, I left because I was scared. Scared for our child and scared of the life you lead. I thought it would be safer for both of us if I distanced myself from your world."

Enzo's expression hardened for a moment, and I feared that my explanation had only fueled his anger. But then, his features softened, and he let out a sigh.

"Alora, I understand why you made that choice, but it hurt. It hurt to wake up one day and find you gone without a word. I didn't know if you were safe or what had happened. I felt like I had lost both you forever"

His words pierced my heart, and I could feel the depth of his emotions. The conflicting feelings within me intensified as I realized that, despite the hurt he had experienced, he was still willing to step up and be a father.

As our conversation continued, I knew I had to be honest with Enzo about my intentions. The conflicting emotions within me still swirled like a storm, and I hesitated before I finally spoke.

"Enzo," I began, my voice quivering, "I appreciate your willingness to help and your commitment to being a father. But I don't plan to stay. I still believe your world is too dangerous for our child, and I need some money to support myself and the baby."

Enzo's face darkened, and anger flickered in his eyes. "Alora, you can't just take some money and leave again. I won't let you do that. We should be a family, and I love you."

His words cut through the tension, and I could see the sincerity in his eyes. He meant every word, and it was both comforting and terrifying. I had left to protect our child, but now, I was faced with the prospect of staying and building a life with a man whose world was filled with danger and uncertainty.

Tears welled up in my eyes once again as I tried to explain my fears. "Enzo, I left because I thought it was the best choice, the safest choice. I still have doubts, and I can't ignore the risks. I don't want to put our child in harm's way."

Enzo's frustration was evident, and his voice was filled with urgency. "Alora, we can figure this out together. We can find a way to keep our child safe without you having to leave. Please, don't go."

"I'm sorry, I really am but I stand my ground"

Enzo's anger was palpable, and he made it clear that he wouldn't accept my decision to leave again. His voice held an unwavering resolve as he declared, "Alora, I won't let you go, no matter what you say. We can face the challenges together, as a family. I love you, and I won't let our child grow up without both of us."

His determination to keep me by his side was both unsettling and strangely comforting. It was a testament to the depth of his feelings, but it also heightened my fears about the life we would be bringing our child into.

I tried to reason with him, my voice trembling as I said, "Enzo, I appreciate your love and your desire to be a family. But you have to understand that I'm doing this out of concern for our child's safety. I can't ignore the risks."

Enzo's anger flared, and his words were laced with frustration. "Alora, you can't just make decisions like this on your own. We need to find a way to make it work, to keep our child safe and build a future together."

"Don't you understand?! We can't! Not when your work is so dangerous. You are a great man, but please be a good father and put your child first" I beg him to understand my point of view.

"You're right, I have to put my family first......Please forgive me for what I have to do"

The heated debate between Enzo and me had reached a crescendo, leaving me feeling overwhelmed and confused by his unwavering determination. But just as I was struggling to find the right words to respond, a sudden, sharp sensation pierced my neck. A needle?!

My vision blurred, and a sense of dizziness washed over me. Panic coursed through my veins as I realized that something was terribly wrong. My words slurred as I tried to call out to Enzo, but the room seemed to spin, and the world faded into darkness.

A feeling of helplessness consumed me as I lost consciousness, my last thoughts filled with fear and confusion. It was as if the ground had been pulled from beneath my feet, leaving me to plummet into a void of uncertainty.

"Please forgive me love-"

Hi I hope you liked this chapter!🫶🫶

What do you think happened???😱😱

Don't forget to vote and comment 🫶🤞