Chapter 27- last chance

"No. I want to see her scream for what she did"

Enzo felt a chill run down his spine as Alora uttered those words. Her request, fueled by a mix of anger and a desire for justice, left him questioning the depth of her pain. As he looked into her eyes, searching for answers, he wondered how much the traumatic events had scarred her soul. Enzo grappled with conflicting emotions, torn between understanding her need for retribution and a concern for the darkness it might unleash within her. In that moment, he realized that the journey to heal the wounds of the past would be far more complex than he had ever anticipated.

Enzo's hesitated, the weight of the knife in his grasp a haunting reminder of the choices ahead. Alora's stern expression mirrored a blend of determination and desperation, a silent plea for justice that echoed through the dimly lit basement. The air thickened with tension as he reluctantly accepted the blade's cold embrace once more. He had never before had trouble with hurting people before, never. But now, when Alora is watching he almost can't get himself to do it. She is to innocent for this, he thinks for himself. She should not have to see this.

The eerie quietude enveloped them as Enzo steeled himself for the grim task at hand. He approached the bound nurse with measured steps, each one echoing in the chamber of secrets they found themselves in. His gaze, conflicted and burdened, met Alora's briefly before settling on the nurse.

But if his queen wants justice then he will give her that and much more.

Enzo's movements were methodical as he began to inflict a calculated pain upon the nurse, seeking answers concealed within the recesses of her consciousness. Each moment hung heavy with the anticipation of revelation, as the sinister dance unfolded in the depths of their shared anguish.

Yet, as the minutes stretched into an agonizing eternity, the nurse remained resolute in her silence. Enzo's frustration mirrored Alora's, a silent acknowledgment that the pursuit of justice had led them into an abyss without the solace of answers.

Suddenly, Alora stepped forward, her eyes a tempest of emotions. She spoke words that cut through the suffocating atmosphere, "Enough." The gravity in her voice, a command that beckoned a pause in the macabre symphony playing out.

Enzo, torn between the pursuit of vengeance and the reality of the woman he loved urging him to halt, reluctantly lowered the knife.

Enzo's pov;

I lowered the knife and looked at Alora, my love, the queen of my heart and empire. She looked so empty. I believed that she had moved on after the incident at the hospital, or at least I hade hoped so. But know I know that I was wrong. She had not moved on. She is just as scared as she was then.

She took the knife from my hand and started walking towards the nurse, her hands were shaking and her eyes started watering.

"Tell me, who wanted to hurt my baby's. Tell me and I shall spare your life." Alora said to the nurse. Even if her body was shaking, her voice was firm. A small sense of pride washed over me.

"Never" the nurse said and spit on Aloras face as a sign of disrespect. That's it, she's dead. I walked up to the nurse, ready to kill her for what she did but before I hade the chance Alora stoped me.

She gripped the knife harder than before and started pressing it against the nurse heart.
"Last chance" she whispered.

"It doesn't matter if you kill me, he will just send someone else for you."

And that was her last words before Alora pushed the knife into her heart, successfully killing her on the spot.

As the nurse's life slipped away, a haunting stillness settled in the basement. Alora, having borne witness to the darkness within herself, stood frozen in the aftermath of a choice that had forever altered the course of their lives. The silence was oppressive, only broken by the echo of her sobs that resonated through the dimly lit chamber.