Chapter 4- why?

As I slowly regained consciousness, my surroundings were shrouded in a haze of confusion. My eyelids felt heavy as I blinked and tried to make sense of my surroundings. The room I found myself in was unfamiliar at first, the details hazy and disjointed. (A/n I hope I spelled that right😅)

My heart raced as I struggled to piece together the fragments of memory. Then, it hit me like a wave of recognition. I had been here before, several months ago. This was Enzo's room.

Fear gripped me as I realized that I had no recollection of how I had ended up here. My mind raced with questions, and a sense of unease settled in the pit of my stomach. What had happened after I lost consciousness? Why was I here, in Enzo's room?

I tried to sit up, my head throbbing with each movement, but a wave of dizziness forced me back onto the bed. Panic welled up within me as I realized that I was still in a vulnerable state, unsure of what had transpired and why I had been brought here.

I knew I needed answers, but the uncertainty of the situation left me feeling scared and trapped. As my memory slowly began to clear, I realized that I would have to confront Enzo, demanding an explanation for how and why I had ended up in his room, and what had transpired during the time I had been unconscious.

As the fog of confusion lifted, a horrifying realization washed over me. Enzo had drugged me with that needle during our intense argument. The room that had initially seemed familiar now felt like a prison, and the anger I felt toward him burned hotter than ever.

I clenched my fists, my heart pounding with a mixture of fury and betrayal. How could he have done this? The man I had turned to for help, the father of my child, had taken advantage of my vulnerability.

My body ached, not just from the drug's effects but from the overwhelming sense of violation. I was furious that he had manipulated my trust and that I had been unable to protect myself or my unborn child.

Summoning every ounce of strength, I pushed myself to sit up, determined to confront Enzo and demand an explanation. I needed to know why he had taken such drastic measures and what he hoped to achieve by drugging me.

The room seemed to close in on me as I prepared to confront him, and my emotions swirled like a tempest. I knew that this situation had taken a darker turn, one that I couldn't ignore or underestimate. My anger and fear were now intertwined, and the path ahead was fraught with uncertainty and danger.

As I braced myself for the confrontation with Enzo, the door to the room swung open, and he walked in. The mixture of fear and anger that had consumed me surged to the forefront, making my heart race even faster.

My gaze locked onto him, and my hands instinctively reached for the nearest object I could use as a weapon - a delicate vase sitting on a nearby table. It felt cold and heavy in my trembling hands as I held it like a lifeline.

Enzo's expression shifted from surprise to concern as he saw the vase in my grip. He took a cautious step closer, his voice gentle but filled with understanding. "Alora, put that down. I won't hurt you. I just want to talk."

I clutched the vase tighter, my voice quivering as I responded, "You drugged me, Enzo. I can't trust you right now."

His irritation flared for a moment, and he took another step forward, his patience wearing thin. "I did it because I needed to talk to you, Alora. I didn't know how else to get through to you. But I won't harm you or our child. Please, put the vase down."

I hesitated, torn between my fear and the desire to believe him. Slowly, I lowered the vase, though my grip remained tense. Enzo sighed with relief as the tension in the room began to ease.

He moved closer, cautiously, and his voice softened further as he said, "Alora, I know you're scared, and I understand why you might be angry with me. But I promise you, I'm here because I care about you and our child. We need to figure out how to move forward, together."

The room still held an air of tension, but a fragile truce had been established. I remained wary, but I was willing to hear him out, to understand his perspective, and to find a way through the tangled web of emotions and uncertainties that now surrounded us.

As Enzo took another cautious step towards me, his reassurances ringing in my ears, a surge of fear and anger swept over me once again. The vase, which I had lowered just moments ago, became a weapon in my hands once more.

Without warning, I hurled it towards him, the sound of shattering glass filling the room. Enzo ducked just in time, narrowly avoiding the projectile, but the tension between us exploded into chaos.

Fear surged through me, propelling me to my feet, and I turned to run. My steps were shaky, my pregnant body heavy with the weight of the child I carried, but I was driven by an overpowering urge to escape this situation.

I sprinted down the hallway, my breaths coming in ragged gasps as I fled from the room. Panic coursed through me as I realized that I couldn't get far, not in my condition. Enzo, fueled by a combination of anger and concern, was quick on my heels.

It didn't take long for him to catch up, his strong arms encircling me, pulling me to a halt. I struggled in his grasp, but my weakened state made it impossible to break free.

"Alora, please, calm down," Enzo pleaded, his voice laced with frustration and worry.

Tears streamed down my face as I continued to fight, my emotions in turmoil. I felt trapped, caught between my fear and my conflicted feelings toward the man who held me captive in his arms. The room spun around me as I tried to make sense of the chaos that had become my life, and the uncertain path that lay ahead for me and my unborn child.

In the midst of my struggles and sobs, Enzo held me firmly but gently. His grip was unyielding, but his touch carried a tenderness that slowly began to ease the panic within me.

"Alora, please," he said again, his voice softer this time, "I won't hurt you. I love you, and I'm sorry for what I did. We need to talk, to figure this out together."

I had reached a breaking point, my emotions and exhaustion overwhelming me. Slowly, my resistance waned, and I stopped struggling against his hold. Enzo's arms remained around me, offering a sense of security that was both comforting and unsettling.

As the adrenaline of the moment began to subside, I allowed myself to consider his words. Deep down, I knew that we needed to find a way to communicate, to understand each other's perspectives, and to navigate the complexities of our situation. But the scars of the past and the fears of the present still weighed heavily on my heart.

Tears continued to flow as I rested my head against his chest, torn between the love I had once felt for him and the overwhelming uncertainty of the path we were now on. The room seemed to hold its breath, as if awaiting the next steps in a journey filled with challenges and decisions that would shape the future not only for Enzo and me but for the life we carried within us.

"So... do you know the gender?" Enzo asked me smiling, hoping to lighten the mood.

Hi I hope you liked the chapter!!🫶

Tell me your opinions on it and if you have any questions 🫶

Don't forget to vote and comment 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

What gender do you want the baby to be?💙💗