Chapter 8- sister

As the hours passed, Enzo and I found ourselves nestled in the cozy embrace of our bed, a haven of comfort and tranquility. The soft sheets cradled us, and the warmth of each other's presence enveloped us, creating an atmosphere of serenity.

We lay there, not doing much of anything at all, content to simply be together. Enzo's strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer, and I nestled my head against his chest, finding solace in the rhythmic beat of his heart.

Time seemed to slow as we indulged in the simple pleasure of each other's company. Our fingers traced lazy patterns on each other's skin, and every now and then, a soft chuckle or a whispered endearment filled the room.

In that moment, there was no need for elaborate plans or grand gestures. It was enough to revel in the comfort of each other's arms, finding peace and contentment in the intimacy of our connection. As we lay there, cuddling and hugging, it was a reminder that sometimes, the most profound moments are the ones shared in the simplicity of just being together.

But still I knew something was off, it seemed like he wanted to ask me something.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Mm yes it's just that I have been wondering something..." he starts

"Go on" I told him.

"The time we weren't together and you where away, were you with someone else? Is that why you don't want me in the kids life." He asked almost angry at the idea.

"What? Of course not. That is not the reason. You know I just don't want someone to happen to our child. And when you work with the things you do, our child will be in danger" I tried to explain to him the best I could.

"Let me just tell you this, if I found out that is was another man, I will kill him and everyone else around me. " he treated me.

"Why don't you believe me, it never was another man!" I said annoyed at him. I sit up to look at him when I said it.

"Because why else would you leave me?! I don't believe that bullshit about my work. Because you don't know that something will happen. " he said in a broken voice. He really did believe that it was someone else...
It was never my intention for him to believe that, I thought I made it clear in the letter that I loved him and only him.

I guess I should tell him the truth, maybe then he would understand why I did what I did.

"Did I ever tell you that I had a sister?" I started.

"No... I thought you were an orphan without a family here" he said a bit confused.

I take a deep breath trying to relax myself before I start spilling the most traumatic experiences of my life.

"Well I had a sister. Her name was Angelica. Her name really suited her, she truly was an angel. She was loved by everyone around her and would always help those in need even though she had no money to give.
One day she met the man of her dreams, Niko. He would take her out on dates and treat her like a queen. Unfortunately he was involved in some sketchy stuff, I later found out he run a smaller gang. One day she came to me and told me the good news, she was pregnant with his child. Both of them was over the moon for the news.
9 months later my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Alice. My sweet little niece. She was the cutest baby in the whole wide world, I would die for her.
My sister had to stay at the hospital for an extra week because of some minor complications. Her husband had left for work to take care of some urgent business and left her alone at the hospital.
2 men broke into her hospital room that night and killed my sister and my niece, but not before torturing them first. They stabbed my sister 9 times and my niece 7 times. All because they wanted to send her husband a message. They where innocent! When the police finally broke down the door, the men had already killed themself and there were no saving Angelica or Alice.
I lost my only remaining family because of gangs and mafia. I will not let it take my son."

My words hung heavy in the air, each syllable bearing the weight of my unimaginable loss. As i recounted the horrific events that had claimed the lives of my sister and niece, my voice trembled with grief, and tears streamed down my cheeks.

"There were no saving Angelica or Alice," I whispered repeated, my voice choked with sorrow. "I will not let it take my son."

The depth of my sadness was palpable, and Enzo, overwhelmed by the depth of my pain, drew me close into his arms. My body shook with the intensity of my emotions, and he held me tightly, offering a shoulder to cry on and a comforting presence in the face of such heart-wrenching tragedy.

In that vulnerable moment, as my tears fell and my grief poured forth, Enzo was there to provide solace and support. He understood that no words could mend the wounds of my past.

"I am so sorry my love. I had no idea. But I want you to know, that will never happen to you or our child" he said.

"How do you know that? You can't know that" I cried more.

"Right now I have 35 men in this house or outside guarding us and over 50 cameras and 7 alarms and on top of that I have 3 emergency rooms that are bulletproof and hidden in case anyone would try to brake in. Trust me, no one will hurt you or the baby" he told me as he continued to pet my back, trying to calm me down.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Really" he confirmed,
"I would rather die then let anything happen, I promise you my love"

.-.-.-.-.

Hi sorry for short chapter!

What is your opinions on this chapter, a lot of things were disclosed!😉

Please vote and comment 🙏🙏🙏🙏