v. sanji 》𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙀𝙔𝙀 ! ☆

prompt ; sanji's changed, and you find yourself questioning your feelings - it gets easier once he has to marry pudding.
character ; sanji
warnings ; angst, no comfort. WHOLE CAKE SPOILERS!! slight luffy x reader but can be read as platonic
--

You didn't know what you and Sanji were. Both of you liked each other, but never spoke on it. Sanji would compliment you a lot and cater to your every need, but he just wouldn't say 'I like you.' Neither did you. And as much as Sanji wanted to kiss you and hold you close, both of you knew that it just wasn't the right time. Luffy came first; maybe after that you could think about each other. You were fine with sitting on your feelings for Luffy's sake.

But this wasn't the Sanji you fell in love with. Watching the fight ensue with horror, you just couldn't believe it.

"Stop, Sanji!" Nami screamed with tears in her eyes, watching Sanji kick Luffy around like some kind of rag doll.

No, this wasn't Sanji. It couldn't be. He'd never do this to Luffy.

Sanji's feet were covered in burning flames as he kicked Luffy, causing him to take even more damage. Luffy, however, refused to fight back.

One final direct hit to the head, and Luffy fell to the ground unconscious. Running to his side, you saw the injuries that Sanji gave to him. Missing teeth, and blood running down his face.

"Luffy?" You asked. No response. "Luffy!" Your voice became more concerned. It was no use. He had completely passed out.

Turning to look at Sanji, you saw him walking off to the carriage where his siblings were. You and Nami immediately ran after him.

"Why would you do that?!" You chided, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill.

Sanji didn't turn to look at you. "I'm going to go and marry Pudding," he said, and his voice sounded so, so cold. A coldness that he's never presented to you before.

"What? But you can't! Come back with-"

"No," Sanji interrupted. If you weren't so angry at him, you would've noticed the clenching of his fists and the tremble in his voice. He turned to look at you, and his eyes were devoid of the emotion they always had when he saw you, "I'm going to marry her. Leave without me, because I'm not coming back."

The tears escaped from your eyes. You didn't want to believe him, but his words sounded real. Why Pudding? He had just met her. What did she have over you?

You stood frozen, unable to breathe from the combination of the lump in your throat and the continuous sobs. You hid your tears behind your sleeves, and as much as you tried to wipe them away, more just kept coming.

Sanji could feel his heart break just as much, if not more as you, simply watching you cry. He had promised to never make a woman shed a tear. Maybe he was a monster just like his brothers, and he deserved to stay here with them. It's too late, anyway. After breaking your heart and beating up his own captain, how could he come back and face everyone again?

Behind him, his siblings laughed at you as you cried. Their obnoxious laughs did nothing but cause more tears, most of them being from embarrassment.

"Oi, shut the hell up. You're being loud," Sanji said to his siblings. A pathetic attempt at getting them to stop laughing at you.

Nami grabbed you and let you cry into her shirt, helping you hide your tears from Sanji and his siblings. She slapped him straight across the face, the loud sound of her palm connecting with his cheek echoing through the empty valley. "Goodbye. Sorry, we should have never done this." She grabbed you by your wrist, dragging you over to where Luffy was and making sure to keep you close.