p. ace 》𝙊𝙋𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙄𝙏𝙀𝙎 𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙏 ! ☆

prompt ; "they call that an indirect kiss, you know."
character ; ace
warnings ; idk ace is just a menace tbh
——
Ever since you joined Whitebeards crew and were placed in the 2nd division, the commander had not left you alone. He always managed to pester you about something.

"I place Y/N directly under my control for this mission!" Ace had once announced during a strategy meeting.

"And there is no bias there I presume, son?" Whitebeard replied, a skeptical but amused look on his face.

"Nope."

Thats how things continued and you despised him (not) for it. When you wanted to be alone, Ace was right next to you. When you were fighting, Ace was right next to you. He was like a flea that you couldn't shake off; a handsome one at that.

Now, you were sitting in the kitchen trying to have a much needed peaceful meal after a very dangerous mission. You happily dug your fork into your food and took a big bite out of the lunch Thatch made you.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself," said a voice to your right, and you immediately recognized it as Ace for all the times he would bug you.

He didn't give you time to respond before placing his tray on the table and sitting across from you. You looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, and your smile from before was quickly replaced with an annoyed look.

"C'mon, don't be like that! I'm just trying to enjoy my meal," assured Ace, taking a sip from his soup.

"Can't you go enjoy it somewhere else?" You grumbled, placing your head on your palm from where your elbow rested on the table.

"You should get your elbows off the table. That's bad manners." Ace smirked.

"Funny of you to be talking about bad manners."

Looking at Ace, he had crumbs all around his lips. His mouth was full of food and he could barely speak because of it.

"Not to mention you always pass out mid meal," you mumbled, quiet enough so that only Ace can hear.

"You don't have to be such a downer," Ace huffs, but he still had that same irritating smirk as always on his face.

You ignored him and continued to eat your food silently, not before giving him a glare that would send shivers down anyone's spine. Everyone except him, of course. Ace found your attitude amusing if anything. Maybe that's why he's stuck around for so long.

A few moments of comfortable silence occurred, until Ace spoke up and broke it. He held up a spoon with some soup towards you, and you sent him a skeptical look.

"What are you doing...?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Try this soup. Thatch really outdid himself," Ace offered, though it sounded more like a demand.

"...I can try it with my own utensils, thank you very much," you spat.

"You're using a fork."

"So?"

"You can't drink soup with a fork."

"Watch me."

Ace didn't know whether to be amused or heavily offended at how you're trying so hard to avoid using the same spoon as him. He watches you struggle to pick up some spoon with your fork. Eventually, you just dip your fork into the soup and lick off what's left of it off your utensil.

"See? Yeah, you're right. He did outdo himself," you proclaimed, and Ace playfully huffed at your proud look.

"C'mon, you barely got a taste! Don't be stubborn and have some," Ace insisted, moving the spoon from side to side. A little bit of the soup spilled over and hit the table.

"No," you simply refused, turning your head away.

"You remind me of my little brother with how stubborn you are," chuckled Ace. He always had a tendency to go on rants about his little brother. It was nice to know that he cared about him so much.

"I will jump overboard if you bring that spoon near me," you huffed, crossing your arms over your chest.

Ace didn't care much for your threat, instead shoving the spoon into your mouth when you turned back to look his way again.

You practically gagged when you felt the soup enter your mouth. A little exaggeration, sure, since it was delicious — but just the idea that Ace had eaten from the same spoon made you want to throw up.

He pulled the spoon away from your lips with a smirk plastered on his face from your overdramatic gesture.

"So, what do you think? They call that an indirect kiss, you know," Ace said, placing the now empty spoon back into his bowl. He wasn't one to waste food, so you knew he was going to continue eating with the same spoon after. You didn't know if you wanted to be angry or flustered at this fact.

"Wh- there's-," you coughed into your fist," there's no such thing as an 'indirect kiss.'"

"Mm...sure." Ace brought the same spoon back up to his lips again, drinking the soup and relishing the sight of your red face.