v. sanji 》𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙀𝙔𝙀 - 𝙋𝙏 2 ! ☆

GRR READ PART ONE *howls*

BAD ENDING. (scroll below this for the good ending!)

prompt ; you realize last second that you don't want to forget your feelings. but then it becomes too late.

character ; sanji

warnings ; heavy angst, no comfort. if you want a happy ending go read the good ending instead! whole. cake. spoilers!! i apologize in advance for everything you're about to read

--

"You want me to...what?" Pudding asked, thoroughly and heavily confused. Then the realization sits in, along with a stinging feeling of guilt. "Is this...is this my fault?"

You quickly shake your head no. "It's for myself. Please, Pudding."

She eyes you quietly, inspecting you for any sign of hesitance. She drinks in every detail — your glossy eyes, tear stained cheeks, and the quiver of your bottom lip. Even as the child of Big Mom, she can't help but feel pity for you. However, it was still that same ancestry that made her nod her head and agree. She wasn't one to disagree to less competition.

Silently, Pudding walks over to you with her scissors in hand. She asks one more time, "are you sure about this?"

"I don't want to forget Sanji," you remind her. "Just my feelings."

Part of you also wants to forget him completely, to save yourself the sadness and pain completely. But you couldn't imagine yourself ever forgetting Sanji.

Pudding nods and inches her scissors closer. As she does, your mind goes through all the little scenarios and the future you've always imagined yourself to have. Luffy would become Pirate King. You and Sanji would get married, your wedding a small party that only close friends could attend. You'd have a small cottage by the sea and maybe one or two children. A perfect, happy family. A perfect, happy life.

That seems impossible now. When you forget your feelings for Sanji, who would this future become with? Truthfully, you've never thought it would be with anyone but him. Now, though, you rack through all your options. Zoro? Absolutely not, he's like a brother. Law? No, you'd never receive the intimacy you wanted. Every option seems like a no, and only then did you realize how much of your soul did you truly devote to Sanji. There was no one but him.

You wanted to shout, to tell Pudding to get away, but suddenly there's dark spots in your vision and everything goes black.

When you wake up, you're being carried away by someone, though you can't tell exactly who. You focus your eyes on the splotches of yellow and white and hope that your vision clears.

When it does, you're met with dark brown eyes. It's Sanji.

"Y/N! Are you okay?!" Sanji yells, continuing to run through the crowded streets of the island. "Listen, I'm sorry. But I promise that it wasn't like that."

You blink. "What? ...Oh, are you talking about the thing with Pudding? Why would I care?" You ask, and become more confused when Sanji raises his eyebrows.

"Because...you like me, right?" Sanji says, whispering the last part.

"Uh...no? I've never liked you," you mutter. Sanji continued running, knowing he couldn't freeze or else the enemy might catch up, and the last thing he wanted was for them to hurt you. But his mind freezes, and he barely knows what to respond with. Have you finally had enough of him?

"Sanji, are you okay?" He sounds so sure that you've liked him before that you can't help but check yourself for any signs of nervousness as he's carrying you. You didn't miss the way his grip slightly loosened either. You place a hand on your chest and feel the reverberating thump of your heartbeat. It sounds normal. You listen to your thoughts, but hear nothing concerning. You're not having any weird fantasies. You then place your hands on your cheeks. There's practically no heat that radiates from them.