r. zoro 》𝙈𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙉𝙀𝙎 ! ☆

prompt ; you and zoros firsts

character ; zoro x fem!reader

warnings ; mention of injury, extreme fluff like maybe you should go see a dentist after this + im a sucker for soft zoro SUE ME

word count: 2.4k (gonna start doing word counts for yall)

----

YOUR FIRST. . .

KISS

The tension in the room was thick – so thick that even Zoro could sense it. Your eyebrows were creased and you muttered a few curses under your breath as you fumbled with some bandages. It wasn't an overstatement to say that you looked annoyed. Pissed, even.

Even still, you were gentle with him, as if he was made of glass and could break any minute. He was bleeding heavily from his abdomen after lifting up a heavy weight (against Choppers orders) and opening up his wound again.

The reindeer had been feeling overwhelmed recently, so you took it upon yourself to help instead of adding more to his already full plate.

Without even giving Zoro a warning, you dabbed a cotton pad soaked with alcohol onto his wound, scoffing in annoyance when he hissed and grabbed your wrist, stopping you from going any further.

"Damn it, woman..." Zoro grumbled, taking a second to inhale and exhale.

When he looks back at you, he has so much more to say. But the way you look, your eyes red and teary, your fists clenched so tight he swears your nails are digging into your skin, has his words caught in his throat.

"You...idiot," you sharply say, and Zoro flinches. Not because of the tone of your voice, but because of the way it's shaking. And that he knows it's shaking because of him. "Sit and be quiet. Don't complain."

Zoro doesn't even grumble something back, gulping down the words he wanted to say to you. He turns to look away, not enjoying the feeling of guilt that seeps into his skin and down to his very core when he looks at you. He doesn't even hiss when you continue to dab the alcohol-soaked cotton pad onto the edges of the cut, because he feels how uncertain and scared your movements are.

The battle itself was already scary enough. Zoro had barely managed to make it alive. You could examine his entire body, and there was always somewhere with an injury; except for his back, of course.

Even Chopper himself wasn't sure if Zoro would make it, and his entire treatment was full of tears, worry, and pain.

Silence hung in the air. Nothing needed to be said. Zoro already knew the cause of your nervousness and the reason why your brain immediately drifted to the worst case scenario.

"I'm..." Zoro began, clearing his throat. Apologizing was something weird to him; he was stubborn enough to always end up being right and ultimately avoiding needing to say one. But this was different – this was you, and you were the last person he wanted to hurt. Even if he was the one physically hurt right now. "I'm...sorry."

It came out barely as a whisper, and he wouldn't be so sure if you heard it if you hadn't completely halted all your movements. Tears slid down from your eyes and onto your cheeks, falling down and hitting the wood floor of the crows nest below.

Maybe it was the sake in his system from before the training session that had gotten cut short, but he wanted nothing more than to kiss each tear away and maybe your lips next. Hold you close and tightly to stop the shaking of your body.