v. sanji 》𝙆𝙄𝙎𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙊𝙆 ! ☆

prompt ; "you know, they call that an indirect kiss."

character ; sanji

warnings ; fem reader, live action watchers this might change your perception of the suave sanji that you know of 💔 anime/manga sanji is a completely different story im afraid...

REQUESTS ARE OPEN! remember to request on tumblr if you have one, not on here :)

----

It was no secret that Sanji was a complete and utter ladies man, much to the dismay of many around him. He wasn't discreet about his infatuation, constantly complimenting others whenever he received the chance.

This made him an easy target to a lot of the enemies you fought against; if they were female, he wouldn't dare hit them back. He was content with being a doormat, a punching bag if he needed to be. His sense of chivalry was quite admirable.

Not only did it make him an easy target to the enemies you fought against, but an easy target for you to tease - he was practically defenseless, and his reactions were always entertaining to watch. Not to mention the extreme confidence boost it gave you, watching him kiss and worship the ground that you walk on.

You weren't stupid, and it was obvious to see that he did it the most to you. There was a time where he almost had a near-death experience when you decided to dress up. The amount of blood he lost after spewing it from his nose was completely astronomical, and Chopper was absolutely terrified to have you within Sanji's sight for days after that.

Now you were here, besides Sanji in the kitchen. He hummed quietly to himself as he cooked a meal for you to taste test. It became habit for the two of you, that you'd taste test any new dishes he'd come up with during the late hours of the night when everyone else was asleep, and it was just you two.

Strings of moonlight seeped through the kitchen window, illuminating what little there was to be seen in such a quiet and peaceful moment. The only sounds that filled the room was the sizzling of the pan and the almost silent songs that Sanji would sing to himself.

"I'm done!" Sanji says, proudly holding up a plate of what looked like to be perfectly seasoned fish sliced into equal pieces. The delicious aroma could rival the smell of cigarettes that wafted in the air, both fighting to be the most prominent smell in the room.

"That looks good," you mutter in amazement. Your stomach rumbled. Have you really been this hungry? It seemed like your body had completely forgotten about its lack of nutrition until a plate full of food was in front of your eyes.

"I'm glad you think so. I made it just for your taste, mademoiselle," Sanji proclaims, setting the plate down on the table. "Tell me what you think."

He looked like a puppy asking its owner for treats as he watched you pick up the fork and take a bite of one of the slices of fish. The flavors mixed perfectly in your mouth, and you couldn't help the moan of joy that exited your lips when you tasted it. This truly was curated for your tastes -- he'd done his research.

"Sanji, this is amazing!" you exclaim with a smile, and he could feel his heart swell from that alone.

"You think so?" Sanji asked, taking a seat on the chair across from you. The dishes could wait; you could not.

"Yup. Try it." You dug your fork into another slice and held it up to his lips with a bright expression in your face -- one that Sanji was sure, at least to him, that you were practically indistinguishable to the sun itself.

"But, um, you..." He choked on his words as he eyed the fork that you used to try his dish. His cheeks turn into a dark shade of red, and you can't recall a time where he was this shy -- you reveled in it. This was starkly different to the usual reaction he had: heart eyes, a little dance, and a poetic compliment.

Now, he didn't know what to say. There was just embarrassment, through and through. So much so that you can't help but tease him more.

"Hm? You think I'm dirty or something?" You ask, pushing the fish closer to him. He didn't know what was more intoxicating; the smell of the food that filled his nostrils or the thought of whats to come next.

"N-No, of course not! I would never think that about you," Sanji, panicking, says. He gulps, hoping that the mess in his brain would disappear before he turned to mush -- all in your hands. Now that he thinks about it, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. At least you would get to hold him.

He was starved, but not for the piece of food being held in front of him. He was starved for your love, your touch. Starved for you. But he knows it's something he can't obtain, and he thinks the only time that rivals this was when he was literally starving with Zeff on a stranded island back when he was a child.

Even still, he knows not to waste food. So he sucks it up and shoves the fork in his mouth. Sanji chooses to focus on the taste of the dish instead, trying to ignore the fact that you had eaten off of the same fork. Was he even deserving of such a thing? To share with you?

"What do you think? Does it taste good?" You ask, pulling the fork away from him and placing it back down on your plate.

You were met with only silence, Sanji staring agape at the plate of food in front of you. A drip of blood exited his nostrils, travelling down his face.

"You know, they call that an indirect kiss," you nonchalantly comment, and you couldn't help the smirk that tugged onto your lips. Were you trying to kill him?!

More blood, this time more intense, shot out of his nose. A dangerous and alarming amount. Your eyes widened because you certainly weren't expecting this reaction. Puffs of smoke in the shapes of hearts blew out of his cigarette, the same shape as his eyes.

Now you'd have to go and wake up Chopper.