Appease Frederik

Left alone in the entrance hall, Frederik and I stared at each other for many minutes. I could feel the tension around us, at least on Frederik's side because I only had one idea in mind: going to Azef's apartments. I looked up at him boredly and he retracted his gaze before clenching his jaw. It seemed like he was in an internal struggle and, to be honest, I didn't give a damn about his moods. But hey, I'm looking at a long-term plan and unfortunately, this idiot is part of the chessboard; although he is one piece that I would like to get rid of. He seems to be useless because of his cowardice, but I don't have much longer with Gabrielle and her mother. Once their heads roll at my feet, it will be Frederik's turn: I don't intend to forget that I owe revenge to the old Mylène and that bastard is one of those who caused her horrible and premature death.
I swear on this second life that this man will pay as well as the other old bastard.
I felt Frederik move, moving towards me as he opened his mouth to speak.
"Mylène, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."
I held out my hand in front of him, preventing him from bursting into excuses and spouting words that I wouldn't care about.
"Of what? I don't understand why you are apologizing, please be clearer, Lord Frederik De Solsten."
I spoke coldly, purposely looking away with a disinterested expression. Frederik swallowed, closing the distance between us even further.
"Mylène, I don't know what's going on. I would like to put an end to what's happening between Gabrielle and me but I don't dare... I don't want to hurt her. She's so kind and innocent...she did nothing...she has nothing to do with it if I am...I am..."
I would have been nauseated to the point of vomiting if I hadn't had to put on a mask of indifference. This guy makes me sick with his hateful and frankly hypocritical character. He never cared about the feelings of others, whether Gabrielle or the old Mylène. All that is important to him are his interests, that was the case before and it hasn't changed.
You dirty hypocrite, is he planning to make me a common mistress? How far does this bastard plan to go? Dare to make the legitimate Lady of the Von Hosten a mistress and the illegitimate slut the countess?
Ah, I'm going to enjoy making this bastard suffer.
I crossed my arms over my chest before glaring at him.
"What are you exactly?"
Frederik flinched at the tone before locking his gaze with Mylène's intense gaze and he felt weak.
"I. I am in love with you, Mylène, but I can't figure out where I stand. I would like to do everything to reassure you of my sincerity but I am such a coward..."
Isn't it obvious that you are a coward? I huffed before moving to stand in front of Frederik and caress his cheek. I must ignore all the feelings of disgust and hatred that this man provokes in me. I have to play along, the longer the wait, the better the flavor.

"I understand your dilemma Sir Frederik, so I will do my best to put my feelings to rest and give you the peace you deserve in your relationship with Gabrielle. I have played spoilsport for far too long so I will let you calm down, you deserve it."

I turned around smiling at my performance as I counted down in my mind slowly, all the while gloating at this asshole's future reaction.

I felt a strong pressure on my wrist as my back was enveloped in warmth, feeling the hard, chiseled muscles of Frederik's chest against me.

"Stop it...I won't allow it...I promise to put an end to this whole affair with Gabrielle. Just give me a little time, please Mylène...I'm begging you."

I remained calm for a moment before sighing, pretending to be defeated. I placed a hand on Frederik's before smiling.

"Okay, I trust you."

Frederik was happy so he let go of me, moving slightly away from me.

"Hm... this man there... Azef, do you find him that handsome?"

I arched an eyebrow before smiling...of course he is handsome, much more handsome than any man I have ever met; my father not being counted. But I won't tell him that otherwise, he might have an attack.

"Yes he is handsome for sure, it is becoming obvious that we cannot compare the incomparable at this level, is it not, Sir Frédérik?"

Frederik puffed out his chest under Mylène's contemptuous gaze.... frankly these men. Did he even try to understand?

"By the way, Mylène, I bought you this brooch last time but I couldn't give it to you, well..."

I saw a pink colored brooch and wanted to twist my face in disgust. Pink is not my favorite color at all. I had to force a smile in thanks.

" Thanks, that's nice."

Frederik was happy, they stayed there for a while longer before the latter said his goodbyes and finally left.

I turned towards the stairs, deciding to return to my room. I smiled lustfully as I imagined Azef sleeping, considering his tall and handsome body, he must be super sexy. I wanted to explore his body.

In any case, my father hasn't forbidden me to do what I want with him, so why should I deprive myself of it?