Part 5

Third Person POV:

A few days later, Mike was writing in his journal in his room while Will was sketching in his own book, both of them laying on Mike's bed.

"Do you think I should add more shading here?" Will questions, showing Mike the page.

He was drawing a gun. Mike looked over the page before looking up at Will. "I have no idea, man, I don't know how to draw," He says.

Will rolls his eyes with a smirk, continuing to sketch. "I think my mother's going to have me attend a ball in a few days," Will says, not looking at Mike as he speaks. "Do you want to come?" Mike lets out a scoff. "I'm being serious, you know."

"So I would have to dress up?" Mike asks, rolling his neck to stretch. "Yeah, no thanks."

"Please?" Will asks, giving Mike large pleading puppy eyes. "It'll be so boring with some company." He complains.

Mike makes the mistake of looking at him, and only a few seconds later he sighs, giving in. "Fine, I'll go," He says, rolling his eyes. He turns on his side, facing the brunette as he closes his journal. "What's the theme of the ball? Do you know where it is?"

"I don't remember the location, but the theme is a masquerade party," Will says. "You know, those little masks?"

"I know what a masquerade party is, William," Mike deadpans.

Will chuckles. "Yeah, okay," He says. "It's somewhere downtown, and my mother says we're supposed to take care of one of the main hosts, a man named Henry Creel or something."

"Wait.. you want to bring me, another mafia kid, to one of your jobs?" Mike asks incredibly.

"Yeah, I mean, I trust you enough," Will says, giving Mike a smile.

The ravenette just stared back at him, open mouthed. You shouldn't. Mike thought bitterly. I'm supposed to kill you. The poison was stowed away in one of the pockets in his journal cover, hidden practically in plain sight. Mike didn't know what sign his mother meant, but he knew that if he failed, Karen would be very disappointed in him.

"Anyway, what do you think?" Will says. "I can get another suit and mask for you, and you can tag along."

So, here they were, deep in a building with plenty of rich folks, half of them probably wanting them dead.

Mike was wearing a plain black suit, but his masquerade mask was really attention catching. It was a beautiful azure color, with darker blues splayed everywhere. As well as sequins, feathers, pearls, and many other decorations.

Will had the same design, but with a light yellow and orange. He holds the mask up to his eyes, smirking at Mike.

"Just follow my lead," Will says. "You might pride yourself on stealth missions, but I solo you in undercover."

Mike's cheeks flush, and he hides it with his mask.

"Piece of advice, don't drink too much, and don't take a drink from anyone else," Will says, scanning the crowd. "C'mon, this way."

Mike followed Will into the crowds of people, shifting between groups chattering.

They came to the bar, and Will tapped on the wood, making the bartender turn and look at him. "Get us two shots of tequila, please," He says. The bartender nods and starts making the drink, while Will turns and leans his back against the bar while looking at Mike. "So, I have the description of our victim, here."

A small piece of paper slipped into Mike's hand. Wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, other things like that. "So what's your plan on the way you put him out?" Mike asks.