9. bad kind of butterflies

"yeah, somebody's stuck in my head"

My arms were wrapped around MJ's neck, his hands gripping my waist tightly

My arms were wrapped around MJ's neck, his hands gripping my waist tightly. A smile was on his face and it simply melted my heart. In that moment neither of us cared about the red goop that had been dumped on both of us. Well, purposely poured onto me -- he just became the second target. I'm sure they were hoping the one to walk in after me was Gorya.

"What is it?"

I blinked confused, "Huh?"

He poked at my cheek, "You look like there's something on your mind."

Yeah, you and other things.

That's what I would've said if I had the guts, but I don't have the guts. Chewing the inside of my cheek, I shook my head.

"Nothing."

MJ raised a brow in question, "Really?"

I nodded, "Really."

He had a suspicious look on his face, but he didn't press. Which I was thankful for. A hair fell in front of my face and the school bell rang. I remembered that I needed to change and take care of this mess before going to class. 

"I need to go." 

I unwrapped my arms and removed his hands from my waist. Picking up my bag, I cringed when I felt the sliminess of the handle. I guess I would have to use my next paycheck for a new backpack. I hated that, but I couldn't use a bag that was completely ruined by what looked like fake blood. Right as I was about to push the door open, MJ grabbed my wrist. 

"Can't you just skip the first class."

I turned to look at him, he had a pout on his face. It was honestly so cute but I shook my head.

"I can't."

MJ pulled me against his chest, "Pretty please."

Sighing, I pressed a hand against his chest. As much as I would've liked to stay here with him; I really could not be skipping class. I had begged my adoptive parents for this education and I couldn't blow it, no matter how much they disliked me. Besides, I cared for my education.

"MJ...Really I can't."

"Fine..." He sighed and let go.

I turned around and started to push the door open, "Wait."

MJ turned me back around and instantly placed his mouth to mine. At first I was frozen, a bit surprised at the sudden action, which resulted in dropping my bag. The insides of my stomach flipped and I couldn't help but kiss him back. In the very back of my mind, I knew that I shouldn't be kissing him but it felt so right. The first bell rang out bringing me out of the bitter blissfulness. I pushed him away and picked up my bag and ran out of the door.

My feet were fast despite me trying to keep my steps quiet. Though, I knew everyone were in their respective classrooms, but I was still scared. I arrived at the classroom door and took a deep breath. I hoped that I wouldn't be in too much trouble for being late, not that I have ever been late before. Reaching for the knob, I twisted it but it was locked. Which was odd because it was never usually locked before. 

Hesitantly, I knocked and waited for the teacher.

a/n - sorry for short chapter, just really wanted to get it up! working on the next few chapters and will schedule them to upload