Chapter 10: Confession

(Natalie's pov)

When I tell you I ran, I BOLTED outta there faster than Ghengis Khan conquered Eurasia, faster than the nerd title got slapped on my name.

My cheeks were probably the shade of blood by the time I got to the library.

I went to the canteen and found Thomas sitting at the computer. I sat next to him.
"Why are you so red... and out of breath?" He asked. I just looked at him while I caught my breath. "You do not want to know. I am traumatized. " My phone buzzed, a text from Riley.

Riley-🤪🥵
Are u ok?

Me
No. I have the image of you 2 engraved in my brain forever. I will never be the same. Are you okay??

Thomas glanced at my phone and turned beet red.
I look back to see Riley has changed the topic... to Thomas.

Riley~🤪🥵
You should tell him

Me
What? No. Not happening

Riley~🤪🥵
Why not? I mean, he's single. You're single. It's perfect. Plus, you're the only one that's still all alone.

Me
Yeah, I guess. But what if he doesn't feel the same?

Riley~🤪🥵
He will. Trust me

Me
I never trust you.

(Thomas pov)
I can honestly say I wish I had bleach in my eyes. I don't want to know, I didn't want to know. I mean, I didn't want to know about Riley. I am so curious about Natalie and her crush. Sometimes I wish I was her best friend, just so I could know things about her. But that's Riley's job. And I hate it.
"Who was that about?" I ask, instantly regretting it. "No one," Natalie replies, "you wouldn't know him anyway."

(Natalie's pov)
Thomas was watching my phone over my shoulder. I turned around to stand up. "I should probably go. I told my friend I'd meet her at the park, " I tell him. "Oh, ok. That's fine, " he says. "I can walk with you? Just till we pass my place. " "sure". We start to walk to the park and when we get closer to his house I turn "you know, you could come to the park with me, if you wanted" Thomas nods and we keep walking. We don't talk, but the silence is peaceful for once.

(Thomas's Pov)
The walk with Natalie to the park was really peaceful. After what I just saw on Natalie's phone with her and Rileys messages, I really needed this.
We finally got to the park, and we sat on the swings, I watched as Natalie looked up into the sky full of stars. They shined in her eyes, and their were beautiful.

"Their beautiful, aren't they?" I say, Natalie looks at me and smiles."They are." Natalie looks down, "homecoming is coming up isn't it." She asks, I look at her and nod "It sure is, I'm thinking on asking someone to go with me, their really special to me." She looks at me "w-who?" "You're just gonna have to wait and see." I say back to her.

(Natalie's Pov)
We sit on the swings for a little while, "well I should be going." Thomas stands up from the swing and says. I stand up with him, "Thomas...before you go..." I look up at him in his eyes, "I like you, you don't have to say it back I'm just telling you." Thomas looks at me with a shocked look, then he just smiles. "I knew you liked somebody," he walks up to me and hugs me "I like you to, Natalie." Then he was away to head back home.

I stand there and smile.