Chapter 8

(Lora's POV)

I'm in shock. He's looking right at me. I feel this shiver go down my back. It's a sort of feeling I have not felt ever in my life. I finally realize I'm in a sort of trance, I shake my head, in hope to end my staring.

I don't know what else to do. I look down, there's a piece of left over donut on the floor, I cannot help myself from smiling, ha! That's awkard..

I'm waiting...I want this tardy class to come to an end. I want to see him and..and..uh..and what? Oh no Lora! What will you tell him? It's not like you can just ask him out. I mean, you're a girl, and he's a boy. Out of everything, you know a girl asking a boy out is like total suicide!! NO no no!, you cannot do that.. Or can you? This guy is different, totally different. He's no Starr, no no-one. He's...the one.

It felt like forever, life felt like forever. I wanted to talk to him, but my anxious-scary thoughts made me freak and sweat quite a bit. I was scared. At first I felt like time was slowing down but now I think it raced like a Nascar racer in 2.0 seconds. I was freaked out, soo freaked out, I had another worry...was I sweating under my underarms?? OH NO! I couldn't be, could I?

(Anthony's POV)

She sat there. With her hand hovering over her huge, olive-rosy lips, with a look on her face as if she had seen her dead pet running around in two legs. She looked gorgeous, but very much scared. I wanted to go straight to her and ask her what kind of potion she put in my drink, and when she did it. All weekend all I was able to think about was her, and now there she was, right in front of my eyes. She looked at me, but not for long. She was shy, or something in that sort. I wasn't sure if she wanted to see me or if she thought I was a freak. Either way, I wanted to see her, I needed it more than ever.

Why was this detention draining my life for what seemed forever?

(Lora's POV)

Was I obvious? Was my staring too obvious? Oh gosh, this is like hell, but cold..way cold. Someone please turn off the AC please!

The bell finally rings. That means we are finally out of this stupid tardy detention. As happy as I am to not have to sit here in a weird type of silence, I'm freaking out as to what shall I do. I walk a bit slow, expecting to not run out, out of nervousness. But as soon as I see the exit door, I am stiffened by a much too familiar face right in front of me...

"Starr.." I cannot believe what I see. "...what are you doing here?"

"I was trying to catch you, but I guess you ran late, so here I am" her face is quite calm.

"Oh...Uh...Well..." I look around, wanting to see the face I dreamt about all weekend long.

"You are such a weirdo! C'mon, lets get to class, who do you have second period anyway?" she asks.

"Uh...gosh...Where??..wait, what's ? Second?" I can't think of anything but the face! The face I want to see, the one that has my mind in a turnado...grr. Where is that face?

"Earth to Lora? Babe, seriously, c'mon, where is your next class?"

I finally see "the face". He's looking at me like maybe he shouldn't. I can see he's confused maybe even embarrased. Totally disappointed. My heart feels like it's been left at his stare. I can hear Starr talking from a distance while I just stand there looking at him, I'm confused, and I think he realizes it. I'm finally pulled by my arm and waist, "c'mon babe, let's go. I got your folder..seems like you have Business Class next, I know where it's at".

My body seems to move but my eyes keep a lock on him. He's looking at me with sadness. Sadness? I'M the one who's sad here!! I cannot belive this is happening. He finally looks away while rubbing the back of his neck with confusion. My day is worse...most definitely.

**

Acosta was talking and talking..and talking but all I could do was think about how lame I was. How much of a wuss I really was. He was there! Right in front of me and I just froze. The worst thing of all was that he saw me leave. I'm sure he heard what Starr said, and maybe he thought wrong. Maybe he thought I was taken, gay maybe, and now thought I was a freak. I was kind of used to feeling "weird", a different type of soul, but maybe he was thinking I was a freak -a- soid! I'm sure he was looking at me like I was the most weirdest thing to ever set foot on this world. I blew it...I...

"Miss. Adams??.." Acosta asks.

"if only..." I trail off. Wondering what things could've gone like if Starr hadn't blown things up, or did she actually save me?

"Miss Adams! What-"

"huh?.." I finally reallize I have a bigger issue right now. "Oh no! I'm sorry Acosta", (that's what we were told to say, other than Mrs. Acosta. I guess she felt she was at a point where she felt old, so just plain Acosta made her feel young again. "I didn't mean to. I was just-"

"Not paying attention, I know. See me after class, without delay."

"Uh, yeah, of coarse." As I say that, I can feel a bit of nerves.

Class was good, I actually enjoyed it. Something about bussiness and marketing caught my eye, but not my attention. Although I was into the class' assignment, I wasn't all there. All I could think was about "the face".

Class was finally over, Acosta set homework and as soon as I wrote it down on my notebook, I make my way towards Acosta's desk. "Acosta?, I'm soo sorry about-"

"What's wrong Adams?" she's giving me a look like she's worried. "You're not acting like yourself. Well, you're still talking to yourself, but you're not paying attention like you usually do".

See, Acosta was sister's with my Math teacher from last year. My Math teacher was really different from Acosta. She was skinny, petite, long hair-hazel eyes, attractive woman. Fun and what not. But ever since I sat at one of Acosta's business classes, I've grown to adore her, she has this thing about her. She is very smart and speaks in a way I am drawn to. The point is, I knew her in a way most students didn't, which gave her the right to know me in a different way too.

"Oh, I'm alright. Just ...uh...thinking of stuff. I'm ok though." I look down at my feet, knowing she didn't buy it. " I got my homework written down, I promise I'll hand it in on time" .

"Hmm. Well, ok. I guess I can't force you to tell me anything. But just know I'm here for you if you need me".

"Yeah, uh...I should be fine. Don't worry about me, I always make it happen" I reassure her.

And with that, I walk away.

I make it out of her classroom. I usually meet Starr after almost every class. I hope to myself that this time she doesn't appear. As much as I care for her, and respect certain things about her, I'm not the same. I'm someone I don't even know of. Sooner than much later, the face that is not "the face" appears right in front of my face.

"Hey babe! How was class?"

Oh gosh! "Starr? What are you..? Uh...It was fine." I couldn't seem to get her out of my face. She wraps her arm around my neck, making me feel uncomfortable. "Can we just get to class?" I ask.

"I have Geometry next, I got your schedule. You have Math next. What level are you in that now? You didn't call me to come over, we didn't get to talk about our classes or anything."

"I...Uh..yeah. Math. How did you...? I was looking at her like I was too annoyed to even think. "anyways..how is it that..uh..? C'mon lets just get to class".

She gives me a look, like she is a bit confused, and scared. I can see it on her face but I just want to get to class away from her. Why is she even near me? Didn't I get rid of my "Starr problem"? Oh gosh! I can feel this day being quite long.