Chapter 10

He was there. Just sitting there. All I could do is stare, breathing was out of the question, at that point I didn't even know how to breathe. I was sitting still, I was tensed, I knew it. Although my eyes could rip the clothes off his body with just starring, he didn't seem to take his eyes off of me either but I hadn't realized that until I was totally choking on my huge gulp of saliva. How lame could I be? I'm coughing like I've just swallowed black pepper and cinnamon...bad idea!

I can feel hands holding me, fists patting my back like I'm at a real intense Asian massage session, and voices yelling, worry in their tones but all I could do is cough. Who chokes on a knot? Who? That's not normal, it can't be. I'm grasping onto Karen and Mary like my dear life is about to end any second now, they are freaking out and I'm scared as ever.

Karen looks at me, scared as can be."Lora! Calm down! Breathe when you're calmed!"

I'm looking at her as if she's said something stupid. No words, but I nod a bit.

I'm holding onto her tight.

My throat feels like there's a huge-much to tight in-between knot. It doesn't feel good. Feels like I've tried to swallow a whole turkey yet its stuck inside my throat. I can feel my face burning up, I'm sure I must've changed into a different shade of color due to my situation. My head hurts, I need to breathe, or I will...

"BREATHE!!!", Anthony yells.

I see him standing right in front of me. I'm still breathless. He takes a look at my friends and ignores anything and everyone. He grabs my face, cupping them onto the palms of his hands, looking sleight into my eyes. "You've got to breathe! Please!", his voice is pleading, "BREATHE!!!".

I get soo scared. I slowly swallow my knot and it doesn't take long when I breathe in as loud as I have ever and by then, my heart is pounding I feel like I'm about to puke.

I hear 'yay's' and patting on my back.

Anthony is looking at me with great sadness, takes in a deep breath and quickly walks away.

Where has he gone? Why did he...?

What just happened??...