Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Out of class I go. I take pride in having a great friend like Nigel. I feel 100 pounds lighter from distressing my situations. I can't help but find it a bit funny and giggle. Nigel is walking next to me, he's about 5'10" or so, making my 5'4 little body seem extremely tiny. He has his arm around me while mine is around his back tugging on his strap that hangs loosely from his backpack. We're both laughing at that point, we're acting like movie stars on a red carpet, its hilarious yet I'm sure people are thinking we're weird, if they knew me I'm sure they'd think its normal.

We're walking, still acting like idiots and laughing like kids. "You know, its very cute to see you giggle like that", he's looking at me with a face I hadn't seen him make in a long time, one I was not prepared for. I had my index and middle finger tight together side by side hovering over on my lips like a bad habit I have of doing, and my smile fades away. I'm looking at him, he winks, I stare, and he puts his huge hand on the top of my head just messing my hair like I'm a little kid, "I'm glad you stay true to yourself, its not often girls do that." He smiles again and I smile, I can feel a bit of awkwardness floating through my face.

As we pass the 300s building, Nigel and I are still laughing, this time we're talking about how small my shoe is compared to his. Everything was fine we were just being us. Nigel gives me a hug and I return the warm gesture. He's always been very nice to me. He reaches up high extending his arm and asks to high five...uh....yeah right! He's like 30feet tall!! I pout and punch him in the stomach, his reaction is to crumble down a bit, I pat his head and giggle, and I walk away. "Bye meanie! I'm gonna get you back!" He says as I walk to class. I turn around and see him looking at me, one of our friends, Andrew is talking to him, I'm guessing he's asking what's wrong. I giggle again and yell out to him, "Get me back? Expect a cup check!", I wink and laugh as I walk in class.

Apparently I wasn't alone or very much secretive on my threat to Nigel, when I walked into class everyone was starring at me, shocked yet smiling. I look at everyone and my teacher says, "Adams! What kind of friendly behavior is that? You have quite some language you petite thing." The class laughed.

I'm shy, but not too shy, I laughed and took a seat. I'm that kind of person, I say what I want, eat how I want (without my mother knowing), be how I want, etc...how I want. Of coarse all behind my mothers back or she'd kill me. She's very classy. She's those very much sophisticated women. I love her no buts...except I am who I am and that sometimes contradicts her ways. We bicker at things like that but this is why I actually enjoy school, because I can come her and be me, and people have to deal with it or I will beat them up. Simple, right? I am that. Though I hear I'm complicated and a bit rebellious ..oh well.

The class goes on, I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. My teacher is explaining something but I couldn't focus for a bit. I'd felt something stuck under the student desk, as much as I get distracted because its very easy for me to, I immediately place my hand on it again, feeling its texture. It's soft, yet sticky, kinda slippery. I wait till my teacher turns the other way, ok, there it goes. So I quickly sneak my head under my desk and see a round, colorful, icky watt of what seemed like old used candy."Eww!", I get framed out when I come to realize that I just felt the hell out of it like I was a misuse.

"Loraaaaa?!", my teacher yells in a deep tone yet worried and angry, all in one.

I bump my head on the desk, and loud and hard, "Ouch! What the freak uh leak!?!?". I rub on my head and peak out to find my teacher in the front of the class, still with her hand covering her eyes as if she's in pain or has a huge headache. My bet is on both.

I look around and my class is laughing. "Uh, yes?", I ask although I know what I've done to give her a migraine.

"What do you think your doing?", she's looking at me. I bet I look stupid, since I'm still on my knees while my head perks out the desk. "Why are you down there? Am I really that boring therefore you must go hunting under a dirty desk?", her arms are on her hips like an old lady.

"No, its just-", gosh, he doesn't even let me finish.

"Oh I get it, you don't care about school other than making people laugh or scared. You want to be a comedian? Because young ladies don't succeed in that you know?", she's angry, can't blame her.

I look at her kinda sad, like a little kid at Toys R Us, trying to convince his mom to buy him all his toys. "But Miss, I felt something nasty down under the desk and my curiosity got the best of me and my mind said no but my hand said yeah. So I just touched, and felt, and...". But then she covers her eyes yet again and her face changes. She drops down her hands from her face and just bursts out laughing. I'm shocked. Extremely shocked that is. I look at her, I'm sure my face expressed all my shock.

She finally looks at me and waves her hand up and down to in signification to release my expression. I know she's still laughing, its clear, but what I don't understand is as to why? "How could I be mad at you Lora? I love your curiosity, but please keep it to a minimum while in class, ok?". By then, her head is tilted, and she looks like she's popped out of a sitcom. I think I'm growing respect for my teacher, something I've been lacking since Mr. Gorgeous.

"Uh...thanks. I'm sorry for being a Dork." I stick out my tongue in a friendly way and bop my head like I'm an idiot. With that, I take my seat and my new in the cool club teacher winks at me before she takes class all to herself.

While I'm sitting in class, I can't help but think of the things my teacher said. About my curiosity and all, yeah, about how its not soo bad to be curious. I couldn't help wondering about Anthony. What was he doing? What was he thinking about? What was he wearing? What did he think about me? How would he look shirt less?? Ooh la la.. Anyways... when is this class over? There it goes, the bell, I'm out!

I'm out the door and in the middle of students trying to hurry their way to class. I'm not one to run or speed walk to any class other than theatre. Not only because I love that class but also because Mr. Thelen was one of the few teachers who believed soo much in what I could do. He actually thought I'd make it in this life, he always told me "I'm not scared that the world will eat you alive, I'm afraid you'll eat the world without regret''. He was hilarious, he really was.

I went through the day pretty smooth, I was beginning to think that I was getting over this Anthony guy. Although thinking about almost getting over him made me think about him more which caused me to think of him in other ways. Does everything always have to be a cycle? I'm trying to ignore my thoughts as I walk to my car with Bekah. "So, you've barely talked. Is something wrong?", bekah asks but I feel its not so much of a question. I nod and smile, just to get her off my back. She looks at me like she almost doesn't believe me but I immediately notice she wants to keep asking till she's satisfied with my answer, so I play my Rainbow In Teknicolor cd mix and blast song #1.

"Take it! Take it! One more hit! Take it flavor 7!", I sing while I drive with one hand and the other is trying to poke bekah on her cheek to get her to forget the topic she is dying to get to. She smiles and laughs as she tries to sing along. Woo!, I got out of that one quicker than speed racer.